Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 Memorabilia

Name
    Lagerlout

Default F1 Memorabilia

Can anyone pass on a good link to buy genuine F1 bits and pieces? I'm not looking for run of the mill merchandise. It's my best mates 50th and I'm looking for something special. Favorite driver is Keke Rosberg. Been googling all evening and can't find a thing apart from a MS racing suit at 6,000...

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

No doubt you will have looked on EBay. Try: www.collectorstudio.com. They're in Canada but always have a big inventory of F1 memorabilia.

Alternatively: www.formulaworldshop.com or www.jmjauto.com or www.f1collectors.com

Jonathan

Name
    Somewhere Else

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
    And if you Google "keke rosberg memorabilia", the first link gives you:

http://www.formulaworldshop.com/inde...ath=65_166_220

And the eighth link this:

http://www.alexreade.net/acatalog/Ke...Race_Suit.html

And the others various bits in between (though pictures and models of the cars he drove seem to constitute the most of it).

Name
    Lagerlout

Thanks a lot for the links guys. Managed to find a Piston from one of KK's races in the 80's, nice little gift!

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlout View Post
    Thanks a lot for the links guys. Managed to find a Piston from one of KK's races in the 80's, nice little gift!
    Was it whole?

Cool gift.

Name
    Lagerlout

(i hope so)

Name
    Lagerlout

Answer: No it wasn't whole. It didn't even exist, or should I say had already been sold. Don't you just love websites that aren't up to date? What a waste of fr*cken time.

I get a message that they can get me another one from their warehouse.. Oh.. ok.. that fills me with total confidence as to authenticity now. Sorry just wanted a rant. Looks like I'm still looking.

Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlout View Post
    ...I get a message that they can get me another one from their warehouse.. Oh.. ok.. that fills me with total confidence as to authenticity now. Sorry just wanted a rant. Looks like I'm still looking.
    Do you get a certificate of authenticity from Williams (or whomever)?

I would guess that they got through a few engines. 3 cars in a season avg? 4 engines avg per car? Gotta be well over 90-100 pistons kicking around that could have been used by him - and I'd doubt anyone would really know whether the moustachoied one sat in front of one of them. So might still be worth asking the questions and seeing what they have.

The certificate would be the key thing for me.

What about replica helmets? IIRC model shops used to do small scale versions for famous drivers...
    Last edited by Murph7355; 12-02-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Name
    Mr Moderation

Genuine F1 stuff is very very hard to come by. It should always come with a certificate of authenticity-teams very rarely let parts go, so when they do it should come with a headed bit of paper signed by the relevant team boss.

F1 teams scrap an awful lot of parts-believe me it was heart breaking watching container loads of parts being dumped into scrap lorries when McLaren moved buildings-and no, NO-ONE was allowed anything as a souvenir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast