Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy genuine parts?

Name
    Amo

Default Best place to buy genuine parts?

Friend of mine just bought a LHD F355 from aboard it is due over here in the next two weeks. The first thing he wants to do, is give it major service belts+annual and anything else that needs renewing. He is planning to do the work himself, he was a mechanic for twenty years and now is semi-retired. He is wants to use genuine parts and he as phoned a few dealers and got some price for the parts. Is there any where else he may try e.g. websites, parts places that may be cheaper? I know there are few about who sell after market parts but he wants to use genuine parts on his car. Hope someone can help him out on here?

By the way I would get him to use this forum himself but he doesn't like computers!! In fact when he had to use them for work he hated it and usually got someone else to do it for him. But I'll get few pics of his car on here when he gets it.

Name
    Clive

He could try Ricambi http://www.ricambiamerica.com/ in the USA or he can ring and speak to Daniel. The number is on their website.

Even after paying shipping,import duty and VAT, some things are a LOT cheaper, and their service is excellent! I bought some Porterfield brake pads from them amd they arrived very quickly. BTW Porterfield aren't OEM, but they don't squeak and cost half the price!

Name
    jos

Isn't this exactly what some of the sponsors here such as Eurospares & Scuderia do ?

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Isn't this exactly what some of the sponsors here such as Eurospares & Scuderia do ?
    I think so Jos, I get most of my parts off these two concerns...
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by amo View Post
    Friend of mine just bought a LHD F355 from aboard it is due over here in the next two weeks. The first thing he wants to do, is give it major service belts+annual and anything else that needs renewing. He is planning to do the work himself, he was a mechanic for twenty years and now is semi-retired. He is wants to use genuine parts and he as phoned a few dealers and got some price for the parts. Is there any where else he may try e.g. websites, parts places that may be cheaper? I know there are few about who sell after market parts but he wants to use genuine parts on his car. Hope someone can help him out on here?

By the way I would get him to use this forum himself but he doesn't like computers!! In fact when he had to use them for work he hated it and usually got someone else to do it for him. But I'll get few pics of his car on here when he gets it.
    Amo,

if you need any prices PM me....

Regards

Dave

Name
    Mr Moderation

Speak to Dave @ Scuderia Sales

Dave has sourced my entire cambelt kit, bearings, dizzie caps, leads and gaskets. Top man

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Dave is a good guy...

As far as southerners go, I hasten to add....
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    Amo

Quote Originally Posted by strad360 View Post
    Amo,

if you need any prices PM me....

Regards

Dave
    I'll PM you later with the bits that will be required

Cheers Amo

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Fraccie View Post
    Dave is a good guy...

As far as southerners go, I hasten to add....

Geezer....

Name
    steveb

try marrenello for genuine boxed parts,i can only speak for the parts ive bought for my car etc have been cheaper than independents .when wanting a clutch recently they came out trumps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast