Thread: 456 ownership

Name
    W100 001W

Red face 456 ownership

thinking of buying one............is perhaps the first shock............the second shock is for a daily driver? am i mad? currently have a 360 as well. should the 360 be the daily but looking to get a 456 at around 35-40k. i think there is a owner of a stradale who also has a 456, think it was the guy i met at pistonheads in the summer? would be interested to know about running costs on the 456. thanks

Name
    Andy

I saw a Pistonheads thread a while ago (linked from the FChat site) in which a 456 owner had given a mile for mile cost breakdown of the last 3 (I think) years of 456 ownership.

I had a quick search but couldn't find it - there is, however loads of useful info on 456 ownership on this site (www.pistonheads.co.uk)

Good Luck - from what I've read you may need it. :smile:

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Last weeks Autocar has an article about the 456.

Name
    Kevan

Quote Originally Posted by nicthegreek
    thinking of buying one............is perhaps the first shock............the second shock is for a daily driver? am i mad? currently have a 360 as well. should the 360 be the daily but looking to get a 456 at around 35-40k. i think there is a owner of a stradale who also has a 456, think it was the guy i met at pistonheads in the summer?
    That's Kevin - 456mgt on here.

Quote Originally Posted by nicthegreek
    would be interested to know about running costs on the 456. thanks
    I have a 1995 456 GT which I think is simply awesome, the ability to take more than one person and some luggage cannot be over emphasised. Only had it for for a year as I picked the car up a year ago today

Did 2000 miles round Scotland in the summer with some of the guys off Fchat - you can find thread in Euro section - http://70.85.40.84/~ferrari/forum/sh...ad.php?t=69810
    and I think I can honestly say it more than held its own against the 355's, Testas etc. And dare I say that I was the only one who was still comfortable after each days hard driving.

Personally wouldn't use it as a daily driver, but there is absolutely no reason not to.

As for running costs, other than a replacement battery I have not spent anything else on the car in doing 3500 miles.

Name
    andy

I've had mine just over 2 years now and have spent a large amount of money on it, but then again correspondingly I have also banged a considerable amount of miles as well. To be fair some of the bills were entirely due to my own stupidity, not least fcking up the oil levels which presented me with a nice 4K bill,so I can't blame the car for that. I have also gone through two sets of tyres and several services to make sure the old girl is still bang on with the servicing schedules.
    Personally speaking I can't speak highly enough of the fact that the car is essentially a 190mph luxury car for what is now an absolute steal of a price. I don't use mine daily but it's very close to it, and wouldn't have any hesitation in doing so. The only reason I don't is the continual problem of customer perception (i.e. " We're obviously paying you too much" scenario), and after a while I just get p1ssed off with trying to explain to the great unwashed that my car cost less than the Range Rover, X5 (substitute whatever car you see in the Directors car park) so who's paying who too much?
    I still get a thrill every time I look at my car, and that in itself is worth any price to me

Name
    W100 001W

Thumbs up

thanks for the comments, greatly appreciated and thanks also to kevin for the 'pm' message on his cars...........seeing another at the weekend, its either that or a 2000 model 911 C4 tip?............my heart says ferrari my head porsche........