Thread: Spoilers in thread titles

Name
    Samantha

Default Spoilers in thread titles

Any chance we could perhaps not include results in titles?

I often am not around during races and set the ol' Sky+ - so is a thread exists that states "F1 today" I won't enter the thread..... if the title states who won, tis too late.

I know I could just live in a bubble till I've seen it and avoid all forums, but if people just avoid giving away results in the thread titles, I am sure it isn't just me this effects.....

Thx

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I would agree with you. I too do not now always watch the qualifying/race live.

Name
    jos

I agree with you but do not know how far this should go

As Tony said in another thread who by now does not know Lewis won but on the other hand is a thread title referring to Kubica's crash ok or not twelve hours after the event - any comments please ?

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    I agree with you but do not know how far this should go

As Tony said in another thread who by now does not know Lewis won but on the other hand is a thread title referring to Kubica's crash ok or not twelve hours after the event - any comments please ?
    Think you are right in this instance. If Lewis wins then you have no chance of not knowing :tongue:.

I think it is just a general comment. I used to browse fchat and they always had spoilers on the title. It worked there I think at least.

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

We've had this discussion before and it was agreed that if someone is going to post a result they should put the word "spoiler" in the thread title. Until the message got through fully we then went through a period where people started threads with titles like "Spoiler - well done Schumi" -- which is obviously of no help whatsoever! Unfortunately as new people come on the site they are not aware of this unwritten rule and so it is hard to keep a lid on stuff.

Unfortunately the only way to guarantee you won't accidentally find out the result is to not be on here until you've seen the race. You also have to avoid every TV news bulletin and casual conversation you overhear between two complete strangers (yes, that's happened to me).

I occasionally edit a thread title to include the word spoiler but mods can't be around all the time to spot them of course.