40 62.50%
  • Neither thank you!

3 4.69%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 430 Scuderia or F40?

Name
    Clive

Default 430 Scuderia or F40?

Having now seen the launch pics of the forthcoming 430 Scuderia, I think it's quite obvious that Ferrari know they can charge a healthy premium over a "standard" F430 coupe.

I think the price will be circa 185,000 + extras, and I also think most dealers will work very hard to persuade customers to load their cars with as many extras as possible.An F430 F1 with the "extras" that "appear" standard on a Scuderia is 162,000 so a 23,000 premium seems "reasonable"

This could easily push the price toward 200,000 and that is F40 territory, so the question is.....which would you buy?

I personally would find it very difficult to choose, I think the Scud will be a considerably more "usable" car, but the F40 is such an icon, and supposedly so awesome to drive (I've not been fortunate enough to even be a passenger YET), that for me I think it would probably be the F40. It may also make better financial sense, as the F40 values are only going one way, and in a couple of years when the new model is available, the 430 will surely depreciate!

I don't however think the buying decision would be greatly affected by the involved!

Which would you go for if you could only have one, not both? Or wouldn't you want either?

Name
    JW

I saw a F40 today on the M25. That's where my money would be.

Name
    Jim

I saw my 1st F40 in the flesh only last year. I cant imagine wanting another car more than I would want one of them.

F40 every time

Name
    Steve

No contest, two very different cars. The F430S would probaly spank an F40 but on looks there is nothing better, besides the F40 was the one on my bed room wall and the one I desired and I would hasen to guess it was the same for many on here

Name
    Joe

430 S simply on practaclity But will always love the F40.

Name
    Justin Kenyon

F40 anyday. The F40 and 250 california, my favourite ferraris ever.

It would have to be the F40 - but that's not saying the 430 S is a bad car in any way.

Name
    Speed

Quote Originally Posted by spidermanUK View Post
    Having now seen the launch pics of the forthcoming 430 Scuderia, I think it's quite obvious that Ferrari know they can charge a healthy premium over a "standard" F430 coupe.

I think the price will be circa 185,000 + extras, and I also think most dealers will work very hard to persuade customers to load their cars with as many extras as possible.An F430 F1 with the "extras" that "appear" standard on a Scuderia is 162,000 so a 23,000 premium seems "reasonable"

This could easily push the price toward 200,000 and that is F40 territory, so the question is.....which would you buy?

I personally would find it very difficult to choose, I think the Scud will be a considerably more "usable" car, but the F40 is such an icon, and supposedly so awesome to drive (I've not been fortunate enough to even be a passenger YET), that for me I think it would probably be the F40. It may also make better financial sense, as the F40 values are only going one way, and in a couple of years when the new model is available, the 430 will surely depreciate!

I don't however think the buying decision would be greatly affected by the involved!

Which would you go for if you could only have one, not both? Or wouldn't you want either?
    Dear Comrade spiderman M8,

The initial difficulty would be in finding a good example of an F-40. This in itself may well take a number of years. Then there is the likely cost to be considered. I suspect that you would find that a really good F-40 will be circa 250,000 which is approximately twenty five cer pent more expensive than the hypothetical price of a 430CS.

I would not doubt for a moment that an F-40 can be acquired for less than two hundred thousand pounds. But the decision to acquire such a motor car at this price may ultimately prove to be far more expensive than acquiring a superb example right at the beginnings of ones quest. These cars are hugely expensive to maintain and one would be best advised to acquire a very good example for the correct money right at the outset. But, as stated above, the problem would be in finding a very good example. I suspect that whatever you offered an owner of such a device, he would not accept it. And there is the dilemma for those aspiring to acquire an F-40 and that, essentially, is the reason why it takes such an inordinate time to acquire an excellent example.

With kind regards,

Road Burner
    Last edited by Aurora Borealis; 21-07-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Name
    Si

F40 for me too, I'd even have RB's replica

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast