Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reconnalising seats

Name
    Ravi

Default Reconnalising seats

Guys, I know this has been talked about before and Dave Bowerman (sports car protection) put a thread up showing what he did to the seats in his rover,. but I wanted to pick a few brains.

In the main I need to get a set of seats reconnalised and wanted to know if they are going to have something "special" done to them involving putting oils etc back in to the leather as well as the colour or basically they are just going to be spray painted black and it would wear off after a while?

ferrari-spider Guest

Did mine only last week Ravi. Bought a kit from Woolies. In the kit there are 3 bottles. One is for cleaning and removing any crap from the seats. This takes the most work becourse its down to the prep that makes a good job. Then there is the dye that is appyed with a soft cloth then after its dryed the second coat can be sprayed on to give an even finnish. The more the cream leather is worn through to the Black leather under the original dye, the more oats is needed. When all this is done and dryed then the third bottle is the sealing compound that is put on to add the protection to the dye and add the oils.Now the seats are like brand new again
    Being that your seats are black, your job will be so easy dude.
    This may be the answer you wanted .........then again this may not be the answer you wanted so delete my last

Name
    Paul

good post mate.

ferrari-spider Guest

Name
    Ravi

Cheers Chaz. I have heard so many differnt things from its a very specialsed (and probably expensive) process to don't do it as it's just spay paint and come off on your clothes and looks crap.

I see Dave is offering the service, and he's coming to do a Zymol top up next Friday so I'll see if he can do it when he comes down as I don't have the patience for that sort of thing and it will probably end up looking crap if I do it!

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

Ravi, Got my seats back a couple of weeks ago after having them done at Leathercare in Warrington.
    http://www.leathercare-renovations.co.uk/index.htm

I have not yet conditioned anything or cleaned the red inserts and they look a lot better. They say let the leather rest for two weeks in a warm environment before treating with anything. They also include a conditioner which smells of leather to help get that smell back (not Gliptone but their own mix). They charge 180 for a pair of seats. I did my own treatment on my last car but Leathercare do a lot of work on prestige cars so gave them a try. Some before and after pics:

Just noticed the colour looks so different in the pics but blame that on the photographer.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    Ravi, Got my seats back a couple of weeks ago after having them done at Leathercare in Warrington.
    http://www.leathercare-renovations.co.uk/index.htm

I have not yet conditioned anything or cleaned the red inserts and they look a lot better. They say let the leather rest for two weeks in a warm environment before treating with anything. They also include a conditioner which smells of leather to help get that smell back (not Gliptone but their own mix). They charge 180 for a pair of seats. I did my own treatment on my last car but Leathercare do a lot of work on prestige cars so gave them a try. Some before and after pics:

Just noticed the colour looks so different in the pics but blame that on the photographer.
    They look great always amazes me how they keep the coloured stitching from being dyed the leather colour.

Name
    Si

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarispider
    Did mine only last week Ravi. Bought a kit from Woolies. In the kit there are 3 bottles. One is for cleaning and removing any crap from the seats. This takes the most work becourse its down to the prep that makes a good job. Then there is the dye that is appyed with a soft cloth then after its dryed the second coat can be sprayed on to give an even finnish. The more the cream leather is worn through to the Black leather under the original dye, the more oats is needed. When all this is done and dryed then the third bottle is the sealing compound that is put on to add the protection to the dye and add the oils.Now the seats are like brand new again
    Being that your seats are black, your job will be so easy dude.
    This may be the answer you wanted .........then again this may not be the answer you wanted so delete my last
    Good job I recommended http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/ to you then Chaa

ferrari-spider Guest

Indeed dude This web site is good for somthing then

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by stevew
    They look great always amazes me how they keep the coloured stitching from being dyed the leather colour.
    I asked the same question Steve. It seems that they mask off the stitching whilst cleaning and dying. They then touch up any area by hand between the stitching with a small brush. Now that must be time consuming?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast