Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F430 Ceramics...mine are a bit pants.

Name
    Steve

Default F430 Ceramics...mine are a bit pants.

I've been thinking the the ceramic brakes on my F430 werent all they had been hyped up to be since I got the car, but to verify this I have just let a mate of mine give it a good thrashing (Glenn McMenamin for those that know him - he has ceramics on his Porsche's, so knows what to expect)....and he thought they werent right too.

Lacking in bite basically.

We thoroughly checked the discs, and they are as smooth as a babies bum (ie no pitting / wear etc)

The previous owner used the car mainly in London...therefore would it be fair to assume that the ceramics still need a damn good bedding in to get them working properly?

Has anyone else got any experience of the above?

Name
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    I've been thinking the the ceramic brakes on my F430 werent all they had been hyped up to be since I got the car, but to verify this I have just let a mate of mine give it a good thrashing (Glenn McMenamin for those that know him - he has ceramics on his Porsche's, so knows what to expect)....and he thought they werent right too.

Lacking in bite basically.

We thoroughly checked the discs, and they are as smooth as a babies bum (ie no pitting / wear etc)

The previous owner used the car mainly in London...therefore would it be fair to assume that the ceramics still need a damn good bedding in to get them working properly?

Has anyone else got any experience of the above?
    come and join us on Leeds/Peaks blast - I'm sure the guys will compare their ceramics on the CS's

Name
    Somewhere Else

Hi Steve

I only ever found on my CS that they needed a little warming up. I dont believe they need bedding in however. Are the pads perhaps newly replaced ?

BTW did you buy the car from HR Owen ?

Name
    Douglas

Steve bring the car over to my house, then you could compare the two cars ccb systems

I find them unreal, I can come off the A3 slip road at 140 no problem

Do the same in the Lambo with standard brakes and you are in real trouble

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JRS View Post
    Hi Steve

I only ever found on my CS that they needed a little warming up. I dont believe they need bedding in however. Are the pads perhaps newly replaced ?

BTW did you buy the car from HR Owen ?
    Ok, the brakes werent particularly warmed up in fairness. Dont know about the pads either.

Yep, car was from HR Owen - do you know it ? (this is where I find out that its been used in a race series, or done all of its miles hurtling around tracks! LOL)

Name
    Somewhere Else

Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    Ok, the brakes werent particularly warmed up in fairness. Dont know about the pads either.

Yep, car was from HR Owen - do you know it ? (this is where I find out that its been used in a race series, or done all of its miles hurtling around tracks! LOL)
    I was sniffing around it myself and then boom it was gone !! Hope you enjoy it looked like a good one

Name
    Rob

They need heat, and lots of it.. to work at their best.

I think I've heard of this Glenn Mc chap.. does he drive a 911.?

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JRS View Post
    I was sniffing around it myself and then boom it was gone !! Hope you enjoy it looked like a good one
    Yeah, sorry about that...I bought it without seeing it on a Friday on the condition that it was ready for me on the Monday after (I am rubbish at being patient), as they said someone was coming to look at it the following Monday.

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    I think I've heard of this Glenn Mc chap.. does he drive a 911.?
    Rob, I think you've seen him many many times....usually within about 3-4 minutes of the previous time......as he laps you on track!! LOL

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Steve bring the car over to my house, then you could compare the two cars ccb systems
    Doug, I will take you up on that at some point - thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast