Thread: Re-attaching resin shields

Name
    Greig M

Default Re-attaching resin shields

I've recently had to remove one of my resin shields (360) as I was getting a minor bit of paintwork done due to a badly repaired stonechip (started to rust underneath). It came off easy enough and is in good condition - can it be reattached? If so what kind of glue should I use?

I was thinking of going for yoshi's shields, but the wesbite seems to indicate they are $350 each (i.e. $700) - am I reading this correctly, or is it 350 for a pair? At $700 the reports of suspect workmanship,durability and service are putting me off.

If all else fails, I'll go get a new set of resin shields from the dealer - anyone know how much these cost?

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GreigM View Post
    I've recently had to remove one of my resin shields (360) as I was getting a minor bit of paintwork done due to a badly repaired stonechip (started to rust underneath). It came off easy enough and is in good condition - can it be reattached? If so what kind of glue should I use?

I was thinking of going for yoshi's shields, but the wesbite seems to indicate they are $350 each (i.e. $700) - am I reading this correctly, or is it 350 for a pair? At $700 the reports of suspect workmanship,durability and service are putting me off.

If all else fails, I'll go get a new set of resin shields from the dealer - anyone know how much these cost?
    Not worth trying to refit the Resin ones, buy new from Ferrari UK, cost is about 3.00 each

Name
    Zak

Resin shields from yoshi are nowhere near as expensive as you said. You can get lovely enamel shields for 260.00 (Includes Postage) from "wingbadges" on eBay. They are based in Sweden and do the Best non OEM shields for Ferrari.

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by GreigM View Post

$350 is for a pair from Yoshi

Name
    Greig M

thanks guys, never realised the resin ones were so cheap - just assumed everything from the dealer was a minimum of 50 quid ;)

Thanks for clarifying yoshi's shield - just got confused when the ordering page on the site said:
    Scuderia Fender Shield (Type-A)
    and showed a picture of a single shield........

May try the yoshi shields as I have an address in the US so can get them next time I'm over...

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Yoshi's items look great on the car.

And you were right about Ferrari tat being overpriced. At 3 quid the resin shields are about 50 quid overpriced

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Yoshi's items look great on the car.

And you were right about Ferrari tat being overpriced. At 3 quid the resin shields are about 50 quid overpriced
    Utter crap................nice to see you back Mr Grumpy.....
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    George

Can someone retrofit the OEM ones with the recess as when ordered from factory so they look as they should from Ferrari or as a retrofit they can only be glued ( resin or metal) to the side wing ? If so is that easy job and who is good for this apart from a main dealer ?

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Fraccie View Post
    Utter crap................nice to see you back Mr Grumpy.....
    You are correct. The resin shields are as you describe.

And thank you ;)