Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tubi voids fna warranty- how long before it applies here?

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

Default tubi voids fna warranty- how long before it applies here?

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Technically it always did AFAIK.

I believe they would have to prove that the failure was directly related to the exhaust, or you would have to prove the opposite (can't recall which)...the latter may not be easy on the expensive bits...

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

Default tubi...

it was a dealer fit option not too long ago

Name
    Mr Moderation

So could you fit a, say CS exhaust on a standard 360? Would that "invalidate" the claim?

Name
    Simon

Mine did, and had to be removed or warranty was invalid......from the pen of Ferrari GB themselves.

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtr View Post
    So could you fit a, say CS exhaust on a standard 360? Would that "invalidate" the claim?
    You can and it wouldn't but the cost was pretty prohibitive when I looked into it.

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    it was a dealer fit option not too long ago
    And when it became a dealer fit option I was told by Maranello that there would still be warranty issues if the problem was deemed to be potentially as a result of the swop .

Name
    360trev

Will fitting a Tubi Exhaust invalidate my manufacturer's warranty?
    We often get asked the question "if I fit a Tubi Style exhaust to my car, will it invalidate my manufacturer's warranty?". According to the law the answer is an emphatic NO. However, many people, including vehicle suppliers themselves, do not know this and supply the wrong information. Here are the facts:
    The Law
    In October 2003, European Union legislation affecting the motor trade came into force. Its full title is 'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002' (in short 'BER'). This legislation changes the way cars may be serviced and repaired, and gives motorists a lot more freedom in their decision about who should look after their cars.

The BER covers areas such as who can service vehicles other than agents appointed by manufacturers and, more specifically to customers who are considering a Tubi Style sports exhaust, parts that can be fitted to a vehicle. Below we draw upon in particular the issues that concern fitting replacement parts to a vehicle that are not the manufacturer's original equipment.

The BER introduces certain definitions of importance to the independent aftermarket. There is a new definition of 'original spare parts' and 'matching quality parts' that is based on the quality of the component. Vehicle warranties cannot be invalidated if these conditions are met:
    • Where parts used are of matching quality as the component used for the assembly of a motor vehicle. (A Tubi Style exhaust is manufactured from a higher quality material than OEM exhausts: 304-grade stainless steel, and are manufactured using internationally-certified practices. Spare parts of "matching quality" identifies parts in the following way: spare parts made by any undertaking which can certify at any moment that the parts in question match the quality of the components which are or were used for the assembly of the motor vehicles in question.)
    • Where parts used are of the same specifications and production standards as those used by the Vehicle Assemblers. (A Tubi Style exhaust is designed to fit to OE mounting parts and components such as catalysts without any modifications (including cutting, welding and bending of any OE parts). Its fitting is a simple bolt-on bolt-off process which can be reversed or replaced at any time without causing damage to the vehicle or OE components.)
    • Where parts manufacturers/suppliers are able to issue a quality certificate. (Tubi Style exhausts are certified compliant by the strict guidelines set out by the EU-recognised TÜV and internationally-recognised ISO 9001. Very few aftermarket exhaust manufacturers have such certifications.)
    An interesting point is that if the vehicle manufacturer itself offers spare parts of differing quality (e.g. an "economy" or "premium line"), he cannot prohibit its contractual partners (i.e. dealers and authorised repairers) from buying spare parts of the same quality from the independent market.

The BER also covers service and maintenance during the warranty period and prohibits vehicle manufacturers' warranties from including conditions requiring that all parts used must be the VA's "original spare parts".

THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION DECLARED THAT SUCH CLAUSES IN A WARRANTY DOCUMENT WOULD REPRESENT 'AN UNJUSTIFIED RESTRICTION FOR THE CONSUMER.

See http://www.adi.be/ber

REF: ADF.
    --

I Don't think Ferrari in Europe can play this card because of the BER European Directive

Name
    360trev

Link broken, so here's the original link from wayback machine...

http://web.archive.org/web/200706260...final%20en.pdf

Name
    Simon

I quoted that to them.... made no difference. Tubi=No Power Warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast