23 August Europe (Valencia)
    6 September Italy
    13 September Belgium
    27 September Singapore
    11 October Japan
    18 October China
    1 November Brazil
    15 November Abu Dhabi

t1grm is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    ii

Question

I can get a sub 100 quid rate on a decent hotel in Nice city centre for the Monaco GP weekend but it's non refundable.

Is Monaco weekend doable from Nice or should I leave it and try to find something nearer? JT?

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by t1grm View Post
    I can get a sub 100 quid rate on a decent hotel in Nice city centre for the Monaco GP weekend but it's non refundable.

Is Monaco weekend doable from Nice or should I leave it and try to find something nearer? JT?
    Yes it is easily do-able from Nice. You just hop on the train, which is about 30 mins to Monaco. Or helicopter if you prefer, of course. Having said that, when I have been to Monaco I have stayed in Monaco itself. Part of the event for me is strolling around town in the evening not knowing if you might bump into Kimi or Felipe or whoever. I also loved being woken up on the Friday morning (when the F1s aren't running) by the sound of racing engines as the support races started their practice really early. Mind you I haven't been for a few years now.

Jonathan

t1grm is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    ii

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
    Yes it is easily do-able from Nice. You just hop on the train, which is about 30 mins to Monaco. Or helicopter if you prefer, of course. Having said that, when I have been to Monaco I have stayed in Monaco itself. Part of the event for me is strolling around town in the evening not knowing if you might bump into Kimi or Felipe or whoever. I also loved being woken up on the Friday morning (when the F1s aren't running) by the sound of racing engines as the support races started their practice really early. Mind you I haven't been for a few years now.

Jonathan
    Booked the Best Western next to Nice Ville station 13 min train journey to Monaco according to the SNCF website. Not sure about sleeping next to a railway station but I'm sure I'll manage. This one is fully refundable anyway so I'll cary on looking in Monaco and cancel this if I find something. When do tickets go on sale?
    Last edited by t1grm; 25-06-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Name
    J Tremlett

...When do tickets go on sale?
    Not sure. Wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already.

Jonathan

Name
    Dan

19 races...ouch

ii

Quote Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
    Not sure. Wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already.

Jonathan
    Only tickets for the remaining 2008 races are listed on formula1.com so I guess 2009 tickets will become available at the end of the season.

Name
    J Tremlett

Only tickets for the remaining 2008 races are listed on formula1.com so I guess 2009 tickets will become available at the end of the season.
    Official site for Monaco is here: www.formula1monaco.com Ticket information available for next year from November apparently.

Jonathan