Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone like porsches

Name
    J Heitmann

Andy, I dont think he meant it as a nasty comment, the way I saw it was "your type" as in people who have both, cars and nice home.
    You have to remember, to 99.9% of the population any one of your cars in the poics is a dream that will never be reached yet alone all of them and the house with it.

I have always fealt the same about "your type" of people (and by that I mean people with a few quid)

If you have money and spend it, fine, all the power to you.

If you have money and stash it away, leaving huge sums when you die without living life to the full I think it a total waste and dont feel you ever deserved to have it in the first place.

You have some sweet cars, more importantly (to me) you have an amazing house, im jealous, but in a good way

Name
    G

crikey, choppsy!
    I said in the nicest possible way! Well I shan't retaliate to your rather obnoxious response, but i will do you the courtesy and explain.... when i see your pictures or others I see (in my own minds view) someone who has worked jolly hard in order to give himself what he wants, he has what most people dream of, and in his own way shares it with others- you didn't have to post the pics and i genuinely meant thankyou for sharing.
    It makes me think of mine and other peoples toy box's, and it makes me chuckle because yours and others like yourself are what we all aspire too (give or take)- but the fact for me remains that we all are children inside- and i laugh, it makes me happy to see someone enjoying things/stuff/life.

And the house I found simply breathtaking and it surprised me because a couple of years ago (before i bought my house) I probably wouldn't of noticed the backdrop but evidently my priorities have shifted slightly.

Anyway I apologise if i offended you, but that was not my intention- I am a little inspired by you.

Again thankyou for posting your pics.
    Glenn

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Andy, where's the Dino?

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Much as I like the CGT the F40 is just another level on the visual front...
    The F40 blows that German tat out of the water Not that anyone asked me...

Jonathan

Andy,

Lose the front number plates mate. I'm quite sure the traffic police have more important things to do

IIRC didn't you have a Radical too

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Stunning Andy

BTW, the 993's - which variants are they? GT2 in silver? RSR in Gulf colours?

Ok, sorry feisty Scottish red wine fuelled response! Read into your reply the wrong meaning so hence the strong reply. Thanks for explanation and kinds comments about the house. Priorities do change and house has been a long project since buying the derlict farm 7 years ago. Still on going with landscaping and barns. It feels that this is first year we can really enjoy the house.

Rich- Dino still at Bob Houghtons, light mechanical and body restoration taking alot longer than planned. Not too worried as I have run out of storage, will be giving it to my Dad on return as he likes it alot more than I do.

Albert- Very tempted to lose plates on the CGT and F40, they can't give you points?
    Got a radical SR3 and SR4, they looked after my a team at moment so not often at the house. How's you racing going?

THe silver 993 is a genuine accident free lhd GT2. The gulf car is a mismatch, orignally built to race in British GTs in 90's by the Jones brothers. Pretty standard engine at the time. It then raced in various championships, maily porsche open. Now sporting GT2 bodyworks and supercharged.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycolourblue View Post
    crikey, choppsy!
    I said in the nicest possible way! Well I shan't retaliate to your rather obnoxious response, but i will do you the courtesy and explain.... when i see your pictures or others I see (in my own minds view) someone who has worked jolly hard in order to give himself what he wants, he has what most people dream of, and in his own way shares it with others- you didn't have to post the pics and i genuinely meant thankyou for sharing.
    It makes me think of mine and other peoples toy box's, and it makes me chuckle because yours and others like yourself are what we all aspire too (give or take)- but the fact for me remains that we all are children inside- and i laugh, it makes me happy to see someone enjoying things/stuff/life.

And the house I found simply breathtaking and it surprised me because a couple of years ago (before i bought my house) I probably wouldn't of noticed the backdrop but evidently my priorities have shifted slightly.

Anyway I apologise if i offended you, but that was not my intention- I am a little inspired by you.

Again thankyou for posting your pics.
    Glenn

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
    The F40 blows that German tat out of the water Not that anyone asked me...

Jonathan
    have to disagree there jt as i have never been a F40 fan at all but the CGT

Name
    J Heitmann

Andy:

As a way of "really" appologising, how about a BBQ round your place this summer

t1grm is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    ii

Can't access photobucket at work. Any chance you can put the pics up as attachements?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast