Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Near 12 months of Ferrari ownership - My review.

Name
    J Heitmann

Default Near 12 months of Ferrari ownership - My review.

Well, ive just posted on another thread which made me feel like making a new post to explain myself.

When I first bought my Ferrari I have to say something didnt feel right, I blamed the car for several things but in reality the car was perfect.
    I have now realised that owning a Ferrari is a culture shock of massive propertions, similar to owning a Lamborghini, the attention you get is startling and definately a world away from Porsche ownership which is where I come from before the Fez.
    Im really enjoying owning a Ferrari now, I never get negative comments really and the attention has gone from me being kind of embarrased too me being chuffed ive got one.
    I feel that after nearly a year of ownership I didnt give the car the respect it needed in the way of my opinion of it and maybe jumped to the wrong conclusions when I first bought it.
    The car drives faultlessly and if I had one complaint it would be that the brakes in my opinion could be better.
    It isnt too costly to run as I dont do many miles in it and insurance is relatively cheap for the value of car.
    I think if you have a good Ferrari mechanic who you can trust your onto a winner, because if looked after, the Ferrari is an amazing car.

I will definately get an older Ferrari as garage eye-candy in the near future and hope to be able to continue to have such a wonderfull car for those dry days.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    Mark Stevens

Car looks good jay.

Name
    TW

I think most new Ferrari owners go through several emotions about their cars, inital excitment, pride and shock that they've actually got one, then some reality sets in that it may not quite be all its cracked up to be after reading so many magazine reports of driving nirvana, then slowly most tend to get it, and enjoy the car for what it actually is rather than what someone told them it is.
    Not always the case but many customers of mine have reported similar views over time. Each person has different views of what makes a good car, but it is really is about what you love from your car whatever it is.

Name
    Rob

Does it have a standard exhaust Jay? It sounded especially nice when you started it up the other day.

Name
    Mark

jay what are the sports seats like on long journeys as i intend on doing a run in mine when i finally find one to the south of france.

Name
    Jules

Good to hear that Jay

I drive my Ferrari every weekend come rain or shine. The more miles I drive, the better she performs. She had a major a few weeks ago and it was pointed out that the car is showing absolutely no signs of any niggles These cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

Glad that you've overcome your initial reservations. Taking my to the 'Ring' in a few weeks with 100+ cars Probably stay in the Hotel all weekend on the lash and park the car somewhere safe

Onwards and upwards

Name
    J Heitmann

44ark;

They do leave you feeling tired after a run.
    My longest trip so far was Worcester too Maranello London at this years meet and it really did take it out of me.

Name
    Keith Jecks

I have now had two Ferraris with sports seats and have found them both to be brilliant on a long journey. They are the only seats (and we have had an S-class, Lexus, BMW 7 in the past) that doesn't give you back ache, even after 500 miles in a day (which we did in the previous car). I guess, it depends on whether the shape fits you - if it does they are great. I am 6' 2" and 15 1/2 stone.

Name
    Lagerlout

My S class has fantastic seats, especially for shorter durations, I agree for long drives harder is better. My M3 CSL seats were amazing for long distances, but most people really complained about them - poofs.

One of the things that stopped me buying a Citroen C6 (I love these cars) was the seats, just utterly wrong for the car, very hard and uncomfortable. Odd when paired with fantastic boat like suspension!

Name
    Jules

The strads have sports seats. Most comfortable Ferrari I've driven. I did Calais to Davos in one run this year - 600 miles of motorway and twisties no problem.The following day, we did Davos to Nice, almost via Germanyagain extremely comfortable

They are a must

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast