Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: and the search begins... F430 Spider

Name
    Richie

Default and the search begins... F430 Spider

3rd post I believe and now I feel I'm really part of the Ferrari club, well a wannabe anyway.
    Just test drove my first car in my quest for F430 Spider ownership;
    19000 Mile Spider

Robert really nice bloke @ Meridien, good finance quotes, just not sure now I really want cream interior. Seemed to have quite a few marks, and I really want the carbon interior. Anyway never buy the 1st thats for sure. Didn't appreciate how nice and easy a drive it would be. F1 is fantastic, coming from a CSL I heard the 360 isn't of the same quality, but the 430, superb. Did originally want a 360 spider but with prices of 430 coming down, I think I'll wait those few months extra to get a 430. Found the rear view visibility through the plastic windshield and then plastic rear roof view window a little difficult, is this normal? Not that I'd ever worry about things coming up behind me.

Name
    Richie

oh and I was informed all F430's have 4 years warranty? Ferrari put 3 yrs on by default but Ferrrari UK add another year? Is this right?

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

richie

The Warranty only changed from 3 to 4 Years in April 2007 coinciding with a sizable price increase.

The are apparently some 200 430's on Autotrader and I'm sure you will find a Car with the correct specification, arguably if you are looking at near list price at a Main dealer I would talk to them about a new, specced as you want, Car, I suspect in the current market the word discount might even be involved

Name
    Clive

The plastic wind deflector is removable, which is fortunate as you've discovered that it distorts your view somewhat when the hood is up. But TBH most of the time the hood will be down, so it's not really an issue.

You're right to maybe wait a little while, there will likely be more cars coming onto the market as summer ends, and no doubt prices will continue to plummet!

If you intend keeping the car for a few years......buy the spec that YOU want, however, if you only plan on keeping the car for a short while, then you'll really be forced into either Rosso or Nero with a Crema interior.

The car you mention "seems" good value.....but it's done a massive mileage by Ferrari standards, so check very carefully who owned it! If it was a private owner who just used the car a lot...fine. If, as I suspect, it belonged to a "club" or hire company.....well, make your own mind up on that!

Name
    Sozzel

19k is very high for an 07 car, I'm guessing this was used as a daily run around?!

Take your time, find the spec you want and try and fine a car with less than 10k, plenty around..

Good luck.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Richie

I heard from a previous owner that the current trade price for a 1 Owner, resale red '08 Spider with under 5k miles is now around 105k definitely worth looking around

Name
    RICHARD SEARLE

Hi Richie.

Rich S from M. Torque! Hopes all well!

Im in the same boat missing the CSL like hell, looking at 360s but you just cant take your eye off those 430 prices coming down by the day and will continue to do so for a long long time yet Hmmm!

Plenty out there mate, good luck with your choice.

Rich.

Name
    Richie

Cheers all for your advice.
    Yes I believe half the fun is in the searching.....
    I will probably wait until the winter, although as I read on here recently, why wait, get it now and enjoy the rest of the year... so if the right one does come up, I doubt I'll hesitate.

Rich S,
    Having driven the 430 yesterday I will certainly be pushing myself to get one as opposed to a 360. Although I was quite happy with a 360 until I went to Newbury (Ferrari Funday) and saw them side by side. I did purchase a set of 430 wheels so that when I purchased the 360 I could 'update' the look. So if anyone wants a set of immaculate 430 wheels, inc tires, let me know!

Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by RichieCSL View Post
    Cheers all for your advice.
    Yes I believe half the fun is in the searching.....
    I will probably wait until the winter, although as I read on here recently, why wait, get it now and enjoy the rest of the year... so if the right one does come up, I doubt I'll hesitate.

Rich S,
    Having driven the 430 yesterday I will certainly be pushing myself to get one as opposed to a 360. Although I was quite happy with a 360 until I went to Newbury (Ferrari Funday) and saw them side by side. I did purchase a set of 430 wheels so that when I purchased the 360 I could 'update' the look. So if anyone wants a set of immaculate 430 wheels, inc tires, let me know!
    You have PM

Name
    Rick

430 is a big step up from the 360 (and even the CS), but IMO I'd hang on and see where the market goes - too many sellers and not enough buyers.

The 430 sounds almost as good as the CSL

Rick

- what is it with Richard's and CSL's !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast