Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How hard do you push your Ferrari ???

CGF is offline 2009 Re-post champion. Again
    Name
    Charlie

Default How hard do you push your Ferrari ???

I got thinking after reading the thread on the "Ferrari virgin wondering about performance etc"....

Lets take for example the owners of older Fcars, F355, F3X8 models, Testas, etc etc with a nominal 30k+ miles on the clock.

Lets look at road use first

Does anyone really do standing starts that would come near to the documented 0-60 times, or the 0-100 times ???

I very much doubt it myself....for me, I prefer to pull away in a symathetic manner if you like and then open it up and give some fairly aggressive acceleration through the box, but stop short of red lining it in any gear.....taking into account the car is 10 years old and ownership means much more than the out and out performance figures...

On the track

Anyone who uses an Fcar on track days, again, do you push the car to your limits or perhaps keep it a bit below the red line and enjoy opening it up but stay well within the cars performance capability. ??

Only having had mine for a matter of a few weeks, I am still in the "open the garage door and pinch myself that it really belongs to me" stage and therefore not been able or had the notion to push it really hard on the track, but hope to next year.

Appreciate others views and comments out of general interest

Chaz

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

I don`t push mine, I find it so much easier to select a gear and use clutch and throttle control.

4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Fraccie View Post
    I don`t push mine, I find it so much easier to select a gear and use clutch and throttle control.

Way to go big boy....Ill set them and you knock em down !!

Chaz

Name
    Jon

I never do standing starts in any of my cars, quick way to wreck the drivetrain. OK for press cars, let them do it and find the numbers.

Most important thing in these cars, let them warm up, and roll off the clutch totally before applying throttle.

Name
    Dan

I don't take mine beyond 7000 rpm on the road. I give it the full 7700rpm at the Speed Trials as it's only once a year.

Name
    Simon

I potter.

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Like Dan, I rev it 'till the power drops off (late 6k to mid 7k) at Speed Trials and on a trackdays as fast as it will possibly go but having regard for the 30 year old design & size of brakes. Cool off on last lap though.

Road. Brisk half of the time, potter the rest.

Name
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Baptist View Post
    I never do standing starts in any of my cars, quick way to wreck the drivetrain. OK for press cars, let them do it and find the numbers.

Most important thing in these cars, let them warm up, and roll off the clutch totally before applying throttle.

Pretty much my way of thinking with any "performance" type car I have owned and certainly with the F355 I let the oil temp come up before going above 4000rpm and even then moving away from junctions etc, it is a short shift in second before I open it up...

I have been getting as much satisfaction from driving it quite sedately with the window partly down and taking in the whole experience from the rear mounted orchestra

Chaz

Name
    Dunx

I think in town I just plod about and on the motorways I just cruise along. But sometime (alot) I get the urge to drop it down a gear or 2 and open the throttle.

On A roads and some B roads I use all the power Quite often have some oversteer on fast bends but hey Makes you feel alive and thats why I brought it. If I didn't like driving I'd buy a Nissan micra. Ferrari's are brought to drive

On track is where I get the best out of my car and it's taken a good couple of years of owning it to really learn how to drive it quick. Anyone can blast away from the traffic lights but cornering on the limit is fun.

.................................................. ............

Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Nero 575 View Post
    I potter.
    Me too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast