Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patience is a virtue.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Looks like a low garage too

Phil Taylor is offline Toyota MR2 355 replica Club Member
    Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    So, not far off a year ago I decided to get a lift for my garage to allow me to store two cars in a single garage.

Many comedy moments later (all of my own making!), a bit of "DIY" and with some superb input from people on here (Bernard, Andy and Fergy - thanks guys) plus the brilliant services of Paul Hill, the beast lives.

To be fair, the lift's been fully operational since June, but for one reason or other I've not had all cars at home at the same time.

Nice bit of kit, and much, much cheaper than the usual examples you see in the back of car mags (this one was ~1700GBP).

If anyone wants the full story, it needs to be told over a beer as, with hindsight, it's really quite funny and a prime example of why incompetent mongs should not be allowed to play with stuff like this in their own homes

Now planning a house extension and have plans for much more headroom in the garage!
    What brand is it please?
    Regards
    Phil

sssdu01 is online now I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
    What brand is it please?
    Regards
    Phil
    Yes please tell as I think I need one now

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Not sure what Murph's is but...

http://www.garageequipment.co.uk/Gar...YaAm-9EALw_wcB

http://www.sjrgarageequipment.co.uk/4-post-lifts/

I think my garage is just too damn small

Name:  IMG_1845.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  52.8 KB

sssdu01 is online now I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    Not sure what Murph's is but...

http://www.garageequipment.co.uk/Gar...YaAm-9EALw_wcB

http://www.sjrgarageequipment.co.uk/4-post-lifts/

I think my garage is just too damn small

Name:  IMG_1845.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  52.8 KB
    How on earth do you open the car door ???

Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    How on earth do you open the car door ???
    Opening it is easy, however the extracting one's self (and getting in) is somewhat more complicated affair. However I'm quite good at it now In essence I enter and exit through the window. I leave the windows down of course.
    I cannot get my CLK in there now as the garage is not long enough with my rear cupboard in there.

I'll get somebody to video it sometime.

I've had three new builds in my time and a Ferrari in each. They've all been pretty much the same for space.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I'm actually impressed it fits in a new-build garage. Our last two houses were new-builds (before I bought the 550) and I don't think it would have fitted in either garage

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Name
    Malc Holden

Prior to putting the rear filing cabinet at the back of the garage I could fit my Alfa 159 in. I think the CLK would have fit too.
    Alfa Spider fits no problem, I can play footy in there with that

It's the width that has always been an issue. My Mondial was tight in my second new build.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Just replied to Phil's PM, but for others wanting to know...I bought direct from http://www.internbv.nl/

Mine's been trouble free despite a bit of abuse. If I ever have enough funds together for a full garage refurb (I moved house in the end as the planning I mentioned in 2008 was refused) I'll give it some tlc. But the chances of that are looking less and less likely as the reality of school fees kicks in

They customised mine to fit in a narrow garage, but tbh Malc I am positive it won't be possible in your garage from the pictures you've noted. The 4x corner posts sit outside the car's width, and are too big to fit the gaps you have I reckon. You can get single post lifts but don't think they'd fit your situation either (and don't think they're a great idea for "parking facilitation" either personally).

Name
    Jess

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Just replied to Phil's PM, but for others wanting to know...I bought direct from http://www.internbv.nl/

Mine's been trouble free despite a bit of abuse. If I ever have enough funds together for a full garage refurb (I moved house in the end as the planning I mentioned in 2008 was refused) I'll give it some tlc. But the chances of that are looking less and less likely as the reality of school fees kicks in
    thank you! my friend hates his small garage but he is sure nothing of the kind will ever fit there. I think it should be a solution for him too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast