Thread: 348 / 355 Carpet

Name
    Dunx

Default 348 / 355 Carpet

Does anyone know if a 355 carpet will fit a 348?

I know basically they are the same car but I wan't to change my blue carpet for a black set from a LHD 355 TS. Will this fit a LHD 348 TB? I'm concerned about the it around the back of the centre console, I thinking there is a difference between a TS and a TB. Can anyone confirm?

Name
    Xmun

Quote Originally Posted by Littleblackflash View Post
    Does anyone know if a 355 carpet will fit a 348?

I know basically they are the same car but I wan't to change my blue carpet for a black set from a LHD 355 TS. Will this fit a LHD 348 TB? I'm concerned about the it around the back of the centre console, I thinking there is a difference between a TS and a TB. Can anyone confirm?

I'm sure the centre console part is different, because the F355 is a full carpet and the 348 is cut

Name
    Dunx

so does that mean a 355 carpet would fit a 348 but not the other way round.??

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

Dunx, not sure if this picture helps but you can see how a 355 is split along the centre and only attached across the rear portion.

BTW, my carpet was a replacement and from what I can tell was trimmed to fit. i.e. the spare was not a direct fit to the car.

From the 348 parts catalogue, it looks like two PNs are listed (pilot, item 5 and pax item 4) but the 355 has just one PN (item 3).

The uncut portion at the rear centre of the 355 carpet may be to allow for a GTS where the centre consul does not touch the rear bulkhead leaving a gap for the roof to sit. In a berlinetta, the centre consul is a tight fit against the rear bulkhead thereby covering all the carpet in the centre.

From the 348 pictures, it looks like the rear bulkhead carpet has a longer leg at the bottom which extends towards the front of the car thereby covering any joint in the base carpet at the centre. Perhaps that is where the difference lies.

Sorry, not an answer but perhaps food for thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Name
    Dunx

Thanks Terry. I think that answers my question. Having a TB the whole middle bit would be covered. I was concerned about the triangle things that hold the roof in on a TS but from the pics it looks like they fix to the rear seat bit.

I'm removing the roll cage in my car and need a new carpet to cover the holes. A LHD carpet is hard to find in black, Tan is quite common.