Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reactions of other drivers

Name
    rudd weatherwax

Default Reactions of other drivers

How do other drivers/members of public react to your Ferrari?- i'm sure most will be positive, but do you get road jealousy with , say,other drivers refusing to let you out? Does white van man stick on your tail?Do Bus drivers make give you grief?
    How do members of opposite sex react ?
    Also anyone come across the rare event of another Ferrari (or perhaps a rival supercar) driven on the road (not on the way to a Ferrari meet!) - was there any mutual acknowledgement ?

Name
    Mr Moderation

I had someone gob on my windscreen from the top of the bus a few nights ago

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtr View Post
    I had someone gob on my windscreen from the top of the bus a few nights ago
    Probably a squiral lover.

Name
    Speed

Dear Comrade Tali M8,

I have never experienced any difficulties whatsoever in any car that I have driven. This notwithstanding, I rarely drive in towns or cities and on the occasions that I do I would not be driving anything special. Also I am rather sensitive to the way that I handle different circumstances. For example, if one is clearly very fortunate to be blessed with a life rather more comfortable than that of many others, it is better to keep that aspect as quiet as possible and thus avoid the likelihood of causing any potential of resentment from those, whom, for whatever reason are far less fortunate.

With kind regards,

Testerosser

Name
    Phil

I had a funny incident yesterday, not a f-car, but I parked my sl55 over 2 spaces at the far corner of a services (to stop the usual car doors being opened into!!). As I got out some women in a people carrier hung out the window to shout abuse at my girlfriend (assumed she was driving, but its lhd ). She then confronts her on the way into the services, at which point I thought it would be amusing to keep her thinking it was her.... (started saying that she's never been able to park....

Anyway came back to find the stupid whore had got a dirty nappy from her kid & put it on my car bonnet

Luckily she had gone by the time I got back....

It truly amazes me what some people will do when it comes to cars.....:

Test Driver is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Banned user
    Name
    John

When I owned my 360 99% of the reactions were positive. You'll always get the odd one who gives you the nescafe shuffle or will clear their throat on your car! Its all part of the ownership expereince!

Name
    Steve

Mostly positive and somewhat surprising that without fail whenever young lads see the car thier comments are usually along the lines of "wow, nice car mate".

I've only had a couple of bad experiences.

The first was from a 60 odd year old (at least he looked about that) who tried to get me to run into the back of his beat up old Mitsubishi Shogun.

The second was when we were on the way to an FOC meet and we stopped at the local Tesco to draw some cash from the hole in the wall. I stayed in the car and the bloke from the car parked next to us (coincidentally another Shogun) not realising I was still there, said to his missus "Ooh, let's go to Tesco in the Ferrari shall we?"
    I just wanted the ground to swallow me up. Why, I don't know but I just felt quite embarassed by it.

Name
    mike

3 Lads almost overun a t junction into the side of me,luckily they screeched to a halt just in time!
    the passenger judging by his sign language was shouting something alittle unpleasant but i couldnt hear over my engine noise! I was in hysterics when the driver slammed it in reverse to get out my way and hit the car beyind him

I even went round the block again for a second laugh but they must of exchanged insurance details and drove off by the time i got there !

Name
    Chris T

I've had mostly good experiences .....but there have been odd occasions where I have had to curb my emotions slightly.

I too parke over 2 spaces to prevent door dings and once an older gentleman(50's) drove past commenting so I mouthed something back to which he stopped and had a go.....I just let him know to the point that I was parking like this away from all other cars so that ***** like him did not damage my car.....he backed off when he realised I would not just accept his crap...

Lorry drivers seem to like gobbing on the car from upon high........

I take it as a gesture of affection even though it is most probably jealousy.....

Name
    Mal H

I've only had good experiences so far. Kids shouting "nice car mister" and thumbs up from other drivers.

I appreciate most sports car of any marque but have noticed on a couple of occasions when a Porsche or TVR has gone past, i've looked over to maybe give a nod or wave, and the occupants are staring straight ahead with a look like they've got a hot poker up their a@se!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast