Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody had a Bentley Continental GT?

Name
    name

Default Anybody had a Bentley Continental GT?

As title. Thinking about a Continantal GT. Any good? Any problems to look out for?

Thanks in advance?

Rob

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

PM Hazy. He had one a year or so ago. Try a search on it.... think he posted about his experiences.

Name
    Peter

Hi Mate, I bought a 2007 GTC with 7200 miles on about 3 weeks ago, very nice car, gets lots of attention (nearly as much as my 360) real road presence, There has been a couple of snags with the car
    1) bonnet open indicator stays on
    2) drivers side wing mirror defrost didn't work
    3) and believe or not a wheel bearing whine from the front nearside

All covered by the Stratstone warranty so I'm not too concerned, they came to collect the car to carry out the repairs on Tuesday, I expect to get it back next week sometime.

Needles to say it sucks a lot of gas, but don't half shift, book says 4.8 for 0-60 with top speed 198mph

I'll post some pic's when I get home.

Name
    Clive

I had a GTC for a month as a loan car, it was great to drive although lots of warning lights illuminated randomly.

The major problem was that every time I stopped for fuel, which was frequently, I would be approached by people wearing baseball caps the wrong way round and asked either which Premier League side I played for, or for a price for a couple of grammes of "charlie"!

In summary, nice car, very quick, but a major image problem!

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by spidermanUK View Post
    I would be asked which Premier League side I played for !
    Surely your admirable youthful physique could never be mistaken for that of a slothful lump of a footballer
    Last edited by jos; 25-09-2010 at 10:54 AM.

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

V-good, Jos.

Name
    Chris

A client of mine has a Bentley Continental and the engine blew up almost as soon as it was out of warranty. Bentley wanted about 30,000 to replace the engine and wouldn't supply one for someone else to fit. Bentley refused compensation and the client was understandably extremely annoyed - they accused him of driving the car with the warning lights on, which he denies (he is a retired airline captain so you would think he would spot warning lights!)

Fortunately for him he is well known at the BBC and Bentley's attitude changed when he mentioned his pals at Watchdog... Eventually they picked up the car, fitted a new engine and he is now happy again. Suggest you get some well connected friends before you buy

Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by notax View Post
    A client of mine has a Bentley Continental and the engine blew up almost as soon as it was out of warranty. Bentley wanted about 30,000 to replace the engine and wouldn't supply one for someone else to fit. Bentley refused compensation and the client was understandably extremely annoyed - they accused him of driving the car with the warning lights on, which he denies (he is a retired airline captain so you would think he would spot warning lights!)

Fortunately for him he is well known at the BBC and Bentley's attitude changed when he mentioned his pals at Watchdog... Eventually they picked up the car, fitted a new engine and he is now happy again. Suggest you get some well connected friends before you buy
    Why would they replace the engine if it was out of warranty at the time?

Name
    Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Badapple View Post
    This happens more than you think.
    I know Mercedes have a dedicated process for dealing with such claims.
    Its called the eskulab process, where the claim is processed and swallowed up by the manufacturer - just like a warranty.
    But if something fails immediately after warranty you could reasonably argue that it was not of satisfactory build quality (or some crap like that).
    I had a turbo, 2 sets of aircon pipes and a pair of front suspension springs replaced on my brabus roadster by using this process.

Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Badapple View Post
    Because he threatened them with lots of negative press and due to his position they knew he could be true to his word. I should have mentioned that the car had only just been serviced by Bentley prior to the engine going bang...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast