Thread: FOC Ferrari Factory Tour

Name
    William

Default FOC Ferrari Factory Tour

Off on Wednesday with the FOC to visit the factory. Very much looking forward to it. Is anyone else here going?

What is the situation with cameras at Ferrari. Obviously wanting to take as many pics as possible but is it allowed inside the factory?

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Nope - no cameras or phone allowed inside the factory. They will take them off you at reception.

Have a great time, although I've been to the factory (way back in 99) the FOC tour comes highly rated

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

Take your camera with you on the day so that you can take pictures at the Galleria and outside the factory.

If it's the same as the tour I just went on then you'll be given a guided tour of the Galleria first then herded onto an official Ferrari minibus. At that point they ask you to deposit your cameras into bags and you get them back at the end of the tour

Interestingly they didn't ask us to handover mobile phones but we weren't tempted to try to sneak a photo as we didn't want to spoil it for future tours and the guides are watching you like hawks

You'll get to see the engine shop, look through the window of the paint booth(you're not allowed inside due to chemicals and possible contamination), the Corse Client section, have a quick look at the Fiorano track and if you're lucky they might let you see the F1 facility. i think we only got to see the F1 bit as the cars were off in Singapore at the time.

Highlight of the tour is the look at the V8 production line. That was the kick ass section

sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Take your camera with you on the day so that you can take pictures at the Galleria and outside the factory.

If it's the same as the tour I just went on then you'll be given a guided tour of the Galleria first then herded onto an official Ferrari minibus. At that point they ask you to deposit your cameras into bags and you get them back at the end of the tour

Interestingly they didn't ask us to handover mobile phones but we weren't tempted to try to sneak a photo as we didn't want to spoil it for future tours and the guides are watching you like hawks

You'll get to see the engine shop, look through the window of the paint booth(you're not allowed inside due to chemicals and possible contamination), the Corse Client section, have a quick look at the Fiorano track and if you're lucky they might let you see the F1 facility. i think we only got to see the F1 bit as the cars were off in Singapore at the time.

Highlight of the tour is the look at the V8 production line. That was the kick ass section
    Oh, how dissapointing only seeing the toy engines. Had I gone all that way I would want to see the V12`s

Name
    Edmondo

Quote Originally Posted by sweeni View Post
    Oh, how dissapointing only seeing the toy engines. Had I gone all that way I would want to see the V12`s
    Apparently it's because of the replacement of the 612 is already starting to be pre-assembled on the line and they don't want people to look at it.
    Did anyone else hear the same?

I went various times to Maranello and I have to say the best thing ever by far for me was the visit to the F1 part. I was very lucky (or at least feel like it) that they basically let us see anything and everything in the F1 department. Really amazing.

Anyway enjoy as it's fantastic

Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Nope - no cameras or phone allowed inside the factory. They will take them off you at reception.
    They take them on the bus now.

We weren't but some people have been allowed to freely take photos in the F1 Clienti and 'XX' storage areas. I've never wanted to whip out my camera so badly

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

It is a great experience . It is strange they trust you with camera phones, personally I would not break that trust

Name
    raj

the FOC tour is fantastic...
    the car factory tour is a real eye opener...
    and to compliment it all, the food and drink is superb...
    you WILL have a great time.....

Name
    William

Thank you for that. I'll post what pics I can when I get back. Maybe I'll be luckly enough to see the replacement 612 out on test!!