Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: 2 Post Ramp suitable for Ferrari

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NW
    Name
    James
    Posts
    1,385

    Default 2 Post Ramp suitable for Ferrari

    Can anyone recommend a 2 post garage ramp that would be suitable for most supercars?

    i.e. arms that aren't too thick to slide underneath the car? the ramp cannot be set in to floor, but can be fixed.

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Name
    Colin
    Posts
    761

    Default

    zippo baseless 2 post will do the job.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    TW
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Being fair, the feet on the ramps are adjustable but rarely go underneath without some help, You can always use a thick rubber mat cut into tracks to raise the car upto 30mm for example. or just raise the car with a jack before entering the feet, Getting the correct width is a larger issue!

    Oh, and make sure you can get the shear pin just in case one ramp has an issue.

    T.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NW
    Name
    James
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerSport View Post
    Being fair, the feet on the ramps are adjustable but rarely go underneath without some help, You can always use a thick rubber mat cut into tracks to raise the car upto 30mm for example. or just raise the car with a jack before entering the feet, Getting the correct width is a larger issue!

    Oh, and make sure you can get the shear pin just in case one ramp has an issue.

    T.
    I had thought of raising the floor (slightly) to cover the issue of the arms, but ideally one I could find that didn't require that would be better - as there'd always be the issue of dropping the car nd trying to remove the arms

    There must surely be some out there, I know all the dealership ramps are usually set in to the floor (Graypaul and Strats I think).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NW
    Name
    James
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col68 View Post
    zippo baseless 2 post will do the job.

    Cheers Col, nice used one on eBay for 750 actually.

  6. #6
    Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    .
    Name
    Iain
    Posts
    7,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threesixtycs View Post
    I had thought of raising the floor (slightly) to cover the issue of the arms, but ideally one I could find that didn't require that would be better - as there'd always be the issue of dropping the car nd trying to remove the arms

    There must surely be some out there, I know all the dealership ramps are usually set in to the floor (Graypaul and Strats I think).
    QV used to have some little wooden ramps they drove the cars onto to overcome this problem - so unless you modify the floor that's probably the only option.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    TW
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Stable matts work well (very apt name also!)

    t.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London
    Name
    Tom
    Posts
    5,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    QV used to have some little wooden ramps they drove the cars onto to overcome this problem - so unless you modify the floor that's probably the only option.
    Surely you can just use the usual 'jacking up' tactic for when one's trolley jack is slightly too tall; drive car on to blocks of wood / similar to raise it slightly. Should be easy to fit something permanent to the floor if it's for a ramp.

  9. #9
    steve f's Avatar
    steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    yorkshire
    Name
    steve
    Posts
    13,041

    Default

    depends what you want the ramp for if its for home use and a little odd job a 4 poster is much safer and easier to use

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NW
    Name
    James
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve f View Post
    depends what you want the ramp for if its for home use and a little odd job a 4 poster is much safer and easier to use
    To start with it will literally be the odd job, but between a few of us bought 2 race prep'd mx5s so eventually a lot more work will be done.

    Just wanted the ability to take the Ferrari for the odd tinker too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •