Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Post Ramp suitable for Ferrari

Name
    James

Default 2 Post Ramp suitable for Ferrari

Can anyone recommend a 2 post garage ramp that would be suitable for most supercars?

i.e. arms that aren't too thick to slide underneath the car? the ramp cannot be set in to floor, but can be fixed.

Many thanks

Name
    Colin

zippo baseless 2 post will do the job.

Name
    TW

Being fair, the feet on the ramps are adjustable but rarely go underneath without some help, You can always use a thick rubber mat cut into tracks to raise the car upto 30mm for example. or just raise the car with a jack before entering the feet, Getting the correct width is a larger issue!

Oh, and make sure you can get the shear pin just in case one ramp has an issue.

T.

Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerSport View Post
    Being fair, the feet on the ramps are adjustable but rarely go underneath without some help, You can always use a thick rubber mat cut into tracks to raise the car upto 30mm for example. or just raise the car with a jack before entering the feet, Getting the correct width is a larger issue!

Oh, and make sure you can get the shear pin just in case one ramp has an issue.

T.
    I had thought of raising the floor (slightly) to cover the issue of the arms, but ideally one I could find that didn't require that would be better - as there'd always be the issue of dropping the car nd trying to remove the arms

There must surely be some out there, I know all the dealership ramps are usually set in to the floor (Graypaul and Strats I think).

Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by col68 View Post
    zippo baseless 2 post will do the job.

Cheers Col, nice used one on eBay for 750 actually.

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by threesixtycs View Post
    I had thought of raising the floor (slightly) to cover the issue of the arms, but ideally one I could find that didn't require that would be better - as there'd always be the issue of dropping the car nd trying to remove the arms

There must surely be some out there, I know all the dealership ramps are usually set in to the floor (Graypaul and Strats I think).
    QV used to have some little wooden ramps they drove the cars onto to overcome this problem - so unless you modify the floor that's probably the only option.

Name
    TW

Stable matts work well (very apt name also!)

t.

Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    QV used to have some little wooden ramps they drove the cars onto to overcome this problem - so unless you modify the floor that's probably the only option.
    Surely you can just use the usual 'jacking up' tactic for when one's trolley jack is slightly too tall; drive car on to blocks of wood / similar to raise it slightly. Should be easy to fit something permanent to the floor if it's for a ramp.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

depends what you want the ramp for if its for home use and a little odd job a 4 poster is much safer and easier to use

Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by steve f View Post
    depends what you want the ramp for if its for home use and a little odd job a 4 poster is much safer and easier to use
    To start with it will literally be the odd job, but between a few of us bought 2 race prep'd mx5s so eventually a lot more work will be done.

Just wanted the ability to take the Ferrari for the odd tinker too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast