Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FoC pic

Name
    Steve

As PHR I disagree, we are not slaves in any shape or form. Any sane person would not do what we do for free if they didnít feel passionate for Ferrarisí. The events we attend allow us to be close to the same passion you subscribe too, but that many of us cannot afford at this time in our lives. Our time is given freely without reward (lunch being supplied - our only return) other than being part of a great club with brilliant like minded people who accept us open armed. As for the stuffy older types you refer to, again I disagree, the club is very open minded IMO and have taken on the views of the younger FOC and PHR members. Money driven! What successful club could survive without subscriptions? I think because there is money currently waiting to be allocated towards suitable club premises, the feeling is it is wealthy? Again those working on the clubs interests are wanting to provide the members with club premises that they can be proud of, that can be utilised by the membership and provide a base for club events, rather that the recent past when it was run from the front room of the club secretariat. They also provide informative information via the club magazines and also arrange a wide choice of events for all to attend. Just because there is an online club which is relatively low cost many think the FOC is fleecing the membership, if they agree - they leave and attend the events of their new club possibly engaging in the public slagging off the one they left, their right! But not everyone will agree. Personally, it has been a privilege to be involved in all the events I have with the FOC and all those I work alongside or have met, they have made my life more the richer, as have those I have also met from Club Scud.

Rant over

Torrent of abuse expected.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by sweeni View Post
    I expect that if I were to copy and paste then I would be in breach of copyright? Advice anyone.
    Indeed you would be Dave. Ignore Fitzy, he's only on a windup. And yes - it's agreat pic

sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

Quote Originally Posted by stevie g View Post
    As PHR I disagree, we are not slaves in any shape or form. Any sane person would not do what we do for free if they didnít feel passionate for Ferrarisí. The events we attend allow us to be close to the same passion you subscribe too, but that many of us cannot afford at this time in our lives. Our time is given freely without reward (lunch being supplied - our only return) other than being part of a great club with brilliant like minded people who accept us open armed. As for the stuffy older types you refer to, again I disagree, the club is very open minded IMO and have taken on the views of the younger FOC and PHR members. Money driven! What successful club could survive without subscriptions? I think because there is money currently waiting to be allocated towards suitable club premises, the feeling is it is wealthy? Again those working on the clubs interests are wanting to provide the members with club premises that they can be proud of, that can be utilised by the membership and provide a base for club events, rather that the recent past when it was run from the front room of the club secretariat. They also provide informative information via the club magazines and also arrange a wide choice of events for all to attend. Just because there is an online club which is relatively low cost many think the FOC is fleecing the membership, if they agree - they leave and attend the events of their new club possibly engaging in the public slagging off the one they left, their right! But not everyone will agree. Personally, it has been a privilege to be involved in all the events I have with the FOC and all those I work alongside or have met, they have made my life more the richer, as have those I have also met from Club Scud.

Rant over

Torrent of abuse expected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12