Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Post Ramp suitable for Ferrari

Name
    James

So i've gone full circle, and on closer inspection of both ramps at a local independent, i've concluded 4 post is what we need. 2 post is useless as to remove the CS under-trays would require jacking the car on the ground first

Anyone know any commendable suppliers of 4 post-ers? There's loads out there, and quality is questionable!

Name
    TW

Geoff @ Shiltech has just had a new ramp, he's used the same company many times - worth having a chat 01509 210630 they do used and refurb ramps as well.

T.

Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerSport View Post
    Geoff @ Shiltech has just had a new ramp, he's used the same company many times - worth having a chat 01509 210630 they do used and refurb ramps as well.

T.

Cheers Tim

Name
    VML

Quote Originally Posted by threesixtycs View Post
    So i've gone full circle, and on closer inspection of both ramps at a local independent, i've concluded 4 post is what we need. 2 post is useless as to remove the CS under-trays would require jacking the car on the ground first

Anyone know any commendable suppliers of 4 post-ers? There's loads out there, and quality is questionable!
    NO!!! Get a two poster! You dont have to jack the car up, simply get on thhe floor with a 1/4 inch ratchet, undo the 5 or so 10mm bolts holding the undertray to the body, the it hang downorounf the jacking point, slide the ramp legs in and hey presto. Thats how the Ferrari main dealers do it ;)

4 poster leaves you with massive spots where you cannot work on the vehicle. You cannot free wheel the car and any suspension work is made more difficult because you still need a bridge jack and then have a large steel ramp in your way.

Name
    TW

Quote Originally Posted by VML View Post
    NO!!! Get a two poster! You dont have to jack the car up, simply get on thhe floor with a 1/4 inch ratchet, undo the 5 or so 10mm bolts holding the undertray to the body, the it hang downorounf the jacking point, slide the ramp legs in and hey presto. Thats how the Ferrari main dealers do it ;)

4 poster leaves you with massive spots where you cannot work on the vehicle. You cannot free wheel the car and any suspension work is made more difficult because you still need a bridge jack and then have a large steel ramp in your way.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Both have good and bad points. Two posters give more access and are better IMWO.
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by VML View Post

you can get wheel free on a four post ramp and you can also use a jacking beam and all mot stations test on a 4 post ramp

also on convertables they flex on a 2 post ramp and sometimes the doors wont openshut correctly

Name
    James

Guys i'm totally confused now. I completely understand the benefits of both and cost advantage leans towards the 2 post.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by threesixtycs View Post
    Guys i'm totally confused now. I completely understand the benefits of both and cost advantage leans towards the 2 post.
    i have a 4 post ramp i wouldnt use a 2 poster but what do i know only been in the car job for 30 years how many cars have fallen of a 2 post ramp as i know of a fair few

Name
    Phil Worrall

With a 60/40 weight distribution the balance point is about just behind the seats. Its worth bearing in mind when you hoist a car on a two post lift.

HTH

P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast