Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't you drive your Ferrari every day?

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Jones Jnr View Post
    I live in the real world, works just fine.
    It rather depends what your daily driving entails, doesn't it? If you visit business clients it might or might not be appropriate to turn up in a Ferrari. A Ferrari is not generally the best tool for short drives, narrow roads, width restrictions, speed humps etc. There are also places I wouldn't want to park. No matter how far down the end of a supermarket car park I leave it there's always a battered Fiesta one inch away when I come back so that there is hardly space to open the door to get in. If I'm going on a cross-country drive on decent roads on a sunny afternoon there is no better tool for the job but if I'm taking sacks of rubbish to the tip down a potholed, speed-hump infested track then there are better options than to take a Ferrari.

Jonathan

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Cos it is on axle stands in the garage.
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    Alex

I'd love to but I work from home most of the time

Name
    Ross

Apart from the astonishing amount of fuel that the 355 seems to go through, mine is parked about 10 minutes away from my flat so it's not really practical for me to take it to work or the like. Otherwise I'd probably use it nearly every day!

Name
    afr

Leaving most other considerations aside (practicality, costs, etc), many owners would rather go about their daily business with a bit more discretion than most F's allow.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Jones Jnr View Post
    I live in the real world, works just fine.
    Not for me. Had two Porsches damaged by careless parkers, one in a station car park, one on the street in London. I don't enjoy paying bodyshops for damage some careless **** caused.., and the repair bill would undoubtedly be higher with a Ferrari..

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by afr View Post
    Leaving most other considerations aside (practicality, costs, etc), many owners would rather go about their daily business with a bit more discretion than most F's allow.
    Indeed, I came to work in my Mondial a couple of times and wished I had not. No way with the 355 not worth the "IT are paid way too much" crap.

Name
    Bradley

I can only take so much adoration.......

Name
    360trev

Tried it precisely ONCE and that very same week I was given a project which required me to leave the UK to head over to our US offices for long term project. It wasn't coincidental! After over a year (on green card) I left the company and got another job back in the Uk. At the time I'd only owned the car for a week so I was gutted. That taught me!

.. Basically way too flashy for everyday use, who cares about showing off to other people at work, its not why I bought it really. Also quite crappy in Winter really, take too long to warm up and salt/dirt/crap will get into every nook and cranny and soft Italian paint enjoys the sun. Better use the more comfy, practical cars for that like Maserati's, Bentleys and so on.

Unfortunately Ferrari the badge can bring out the worst in people, really can, especially in this double dip recession. Ferrari's are still associated with millonaires by Joe Public even if you can buy them for the price of a BMW. Associated with greed is good philosophy by so many people.

Plus you just cannot park them many places, too much hassle to be worrying about your car when you have a lot of work to do!

Name
    Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    i'm in work at 6.40 am and leave between 4.40 and 6.00pm the city's a pain do drive home from, will be at least an hour ;congestion charge every day 9? plus parking , ncp 25 . underground car parks are barely wide enough and the car usually grounds out . much easier and cheaper to take the train, 40 mins door to door.
    Part time worker

btw as a hint there are almost no cameras that get you for the congestion charge if your front number plate has "fallen off"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast