Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 Modena or Spider?

Name
    Lee

Default 360 Modena or Spider?

Since my original posts a few months ago, it looks like I've sold the Sagaris and she will be going to a new home very soon.

Original post here:
    http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=34716

I've now decided that a manual or an F1 car would fit the bill nicely and that all the horror stories I've read about the F1 cars arn't justified.

My next dilema is Modena or Spider? I've tried a search but couldn't find anything.

My initial thoughts were a spider due to the fact the 360 would be a second car which would only really come out to play in fair weather and I do like the pose factor of having a soft top.

Whats putting me off is the potential reliability of the folding roof mechanism. Would this necessarily give me problems on an earlyish 360 Spider? Would I be better going for a Modena?

Whats peoples views please - reliability of roof mechanism as well as looks?

Any comments gratefully appreciated.
    L33

Name
    Jim

No idea on reliability of roof mechanism. Mine works and I don't really recall too many (any?) threads over the last few years about folk having problems but maybe I have just missed them.

If it is a 2nd car then surely you either see yourself prefering to drive topless or not so it should be an easy decision. I have done about 3000 miles in mine. At least 2990 have been roof down.

Name
    Darren B

Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Whats peoples views please - reliability of roof mechanism ?:
    Does it really matter? I think the opportunity to go roofless and listen to that wonderful engine is reason enough to go for the spider.

Name
    355Chris

This is really a personal choice. Personally I always prefer a spider as I love to get the roof down at any available moment!!

As to reliability; not heard of problems with 360. I know that the 355 was meant to be troublesome but I had one for 3 years and it didn't ever play up. 360 mechanism is nicer as it hides the roof when down.

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    My initial thoughts were a spider due to the fact the 360 would be a second car which would only really come out to play in fair weather and I do like the pose factor of having a soft top.
    Questions answered

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

If you prefer a spider then go with that . Personally I would have the Modena because I prefer coupés

Name
    G

It's in what you want, either coupe or cab and I'm a cab man and think I always will be, so much so I don't need to try the other.
    For me its like the decision about my sexuality, sure I can see certain benefits of the other, but would I try it no thanks, I'm confidently in the cab court

Name
    Darrell

I think the only problems I have heard of is if the roof is left down for a long period of time. That can cause things to seize up and the fabric can tear. In my opinion go for the spider if it's to be a fair weather car.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by luckycolourblue View Post
    I'm confidently in the cab court
    So you are gay then
    (Checks what car I own, arrgh 355 the hairdressers car!)

Name
    Neil

I had a spider & loved it,no problems with the roof.Forget all that bollox about scuttle shake,things have moved on since the 1970's.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast