Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F430 trade in for spider

Name
    Philip

Seemed to me over the last 3/4months that spiders of the same spec and miles were at the same (if not lower) price than the equivalent coupe. Also there were about 3 times more spiders for sale than coupes. Have a look at pistonheads and autotrader first.

Name
    Boxer

The market is flooded with 430 Spiders. Many have been up for sale for months and just aren't moving. Fewer 430 Coupes are on the market and those seem to be moving a bit better. Key reason is that there is export demand for the coupes and the good ones are being sent off-shore. Based on supply and demand, the coupe should be worth slightly more than the equalivant spider.

Name
    Justin

I recently swapped my better specced (CCB, race seats) coupe for a same year, same mileage Spider and some cash, because I kind of liked the idea of a Spider and the brakes didn't matter that much to me based on my limited track use. I was told by Hurst that Spiders are consistently worth less than Coupes, but since I'm not in a hurry to change, I decided not to worry too much about it.

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
    I recently swapped my better specced (CCB, race seats) coupe for a same year, same mileage Spider and some cash, because I kind of liked the idea of a Spider and the brakes didn't matter that much to me based on my limited track use. I was told by Hurst that Spiders are consistently worth less than Coupes, but since I'm not in a hurry to change, I decided not to worry too much about it.
    blimey.....who would have thought a coupe is worth MORE than a spider...

Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
    I was told by Hurst that Spiders are consistently worth less than Coupes.
    Winter / Summer spider price difference?

Name
    Simon

Thought 08 cars came with a 4 year manufacturers warranty.. if so JCT600 wont be putting their hands in their pockets at all. so thats that usual dealership whinge nullified..and so thats makes the PTC very very wide.

tell em to GFT... 8 and your at most. an easy deal for them.

Name
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
    Winter / Summer spider price difference?
    Summer's on a Thursday in June this year! bit far off for dealers to use that olde ruse.......

Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Nero 575 View Post
    Summer's on a Thursday in June this year! bit far off for dealers to use that olde ruse.......

Name
    cgt

As mentioned there are tons of cars sitting around unsold. Some 430's on the market have been for sale a year or more. A lot are SOR but dealers who have their own money in cars will be in a very tight spot as I think a few have been caught out with higher than expected depreciation (primarily down to sheer numbers).

Yes, many have been exported but this appears to have slowed down in the last few months and it's not a good thing that even though many have been shipped out there are still tons for sale. The Coupe is considered the 'drivers' choice. It was the same with 355's and 360's. After an initial premium over hard tops, prices eventually settled down to a similar level and today a 355 Coupe is definitely the preferred choice for many over a Spider or GTS. There is hardly any difference in prices for similar age/mileage cars and tidy GTB's do tend to command a few thousand pounds more.

If you must change, I would not go in for more than 8k tops, on the basis of lower miles and newer. Remember 430's are still depreciating heavily and the economy is by no means stable which would suggest they still have a way to go. Just look at the number of 430's coming up as repos, this will have a knock on effect on the whole market as even the best car will struggle to command more than a 10-15k premium if there is a glut of cheaper ones.
    Last edited by cgt; 07-03-2011 at 11:07 AM.

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Mark

perhaps we should have a thread about which will be the heaviest depreciating Ferrari this yes..........

...........my money's on a yellow 430 spider...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast