Thread: Club Scuderia Committee Elections 2011

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Default Club Scuderia Committee Elections 2011

All

The election process has now started.

Positions for Election

There is 1 (one) Committee position up for election this year (Murph7355's 2yr term is complete).

RO

The Returning Officer will be Murph7355 (Andy). Murph7355 will not be standing in this year's election.

Timetable

Saturday 26th Feb (Day 1)

Returning officer appointed by the Committee - COMPLETE

Email out to eligible members noting the election has started – will be sent before the end of today.

Do NOT change your registered address between now and when the election completes.

If you believe you have not received an email by the morning, you need to first check a few things:

1. Check that you are eligible (section 6 of the Constitution pages)
    2. Check that the email has not been filtered to your junk folder.
    3. Check that you are checking the correct email address!!

If you have checked these, and no email has been received, please send a PM to "Committee" (no quotes. Using the Club Scuderia PM system, NOT email), including the address you believe should have been used.

Anyone wishing to stand for one of the positions up for election should now PM the RO.

1100 28th Feb (Day 3)

Window for submitting nominations closes. NB In case of query, timestamps on PMs will be the determinant on meeting this deadline!

RO posts names in the Announcement thread as they are received and will announce final list after 1100.

1st Mar (Day 4)

Campaigning begins

Q&A thread created

Manifestos can be submitted to the Announcement thread via PM to the RO

Dedicated campaign thread can be set up by each candidate

All Club rules will be rigidly enforced – the mods have been instructed to be especially strict on baiting, responding to baiting, going off topic and generally being offensive! PM rules will also be rigidly enforced (see the Constitution)!

Midday 2nd Mar (Day 5)

Voting opens with emails sent to all eligible members.

Again, if you do not receive an email, you need to first check a few things:

a) Check that you are eligible.
    b) Check that the email has not been filtered to your junk folder.
    c) Check that you are checking the correct email address!!

Midday 4th Mar (Day 7)

Campaigning officially ends. ALL election threads will be closed. Alternative threads are NOT to be opened.

Midday 8th Mar (Day 11)

Vote closes.

Midday 9th Mar (Day 12)

Result announced no later than this date/time (to allow time for the RO to post outside of work hours).

Should you have any queries, please send a PM to "Committee".

Regards

The Committee

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Default Candidate Announcement - steve f

steve f has put himself forward for the open position.

Good luck steve f.

Name
    Murph

Default Candidate Announcement - markst

markst has put himself forward for the open position.

Good luck markst.

Name
    Murph

Default Candidate Announcement - Hud

Hud has put himself forward for the open position.

Good luck Hud.

Name
    Murph

Default FINAL CANDIDATE LIST AS AT 1100 28th FEB

steve f (nominated 26th Feb @ 1846)
    markst (nominated 26th Feb @ 1908)
    Hud (nominated 26th Feb @ 1916)

Please check out the first post on this thread for next steps.

I'll PM each of the candidates tonight.

As usual, ANY comments in to me please. QA and campaigning doesn't start yet!

Name
    Murph

Default Manifesto - Hud

Vote Hud

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read my manifesto.

Unfortunately I am on annual leave in Tenerife and will be unable to answer any questions that you may have before the end of the election, so my apologies for that, but rest assured my interests are in supporting this club and giving it the attention and support it deserves.

I’ve been around in the Ferrari community for about 7 years now, owned a number of different tipos and really enjoyed meeting some of the people from this forum - some of them friends for life.

Wherever possible I have supported members and sponsors with business outside of the forum and genuinely like to support friends where I can.

I’ve been previously been involved in and indeed organised European driving trips, charity fund raising events, meets and so on.

I have a passion for growing businesses and achieving the impossible. I am a stickler for things being done right and work to very strict time management, sometime obsessively.

I’ve watched the forum grow from day one and been an active member since day one. I’ve always been outspoken and opinionated and don’t suffer fools too well, at times I’ve got on the wrong side of people for this matter. But that’s life - we all are different.

Anyhow I cant really add too much , other than to reassure you all that I will give the club my best efforts at all times.

Rob

Name
    Murph

Default Manifesto - markst

For those who don’t know me and I guess there will be quite a few, this is who I am, and what I stand for:

Who am I…

I am a 50 year old retired professional senior manager for a Multi National, who now spends some of my time helping in the more challenging local school (putting something back into society, and helping the future of our kids!) and the rest of my time on the golf course or talking about cars and bikes....I did, for my sins start my working career in a Ford dealership....but I soon saw sense and moved on.

Level headed then, used to dealing with the more rebellious elements of society, and a firm believer in fair play for everyone.

Personally I feel the current committee and moderators have made excellent strides forward over the past 12 months in making the site more “user friendly”. Great job guys!

The good news is that I have been a petrol head and biker since I was 17.....a veteran of many track days and crashes, some quite spectacular and some just plain embarrassing!

What do I believe in?

I fully support and applaud the charity work our members do on behalf of CS, and countless causes benefit from the time and effort put into these fund raising events, and long may it endure.

Fair play, no bullying, baiting etc, that the rules are for everyone and should be observed by all – and enforced on a consistent basis. Everyone should know the rules and understand the consequences if they are broken.

Whilst there obviously is a fine line between what is acceptable and what is not, I feel the committee and moderators have got the balance just about right over the last year. It is important to me that this balance and fair play continues.

It should be a place where new and existing members should be able to post without being ridiculed or belittled, and those with different points of view should be able to voice that opinion, but in an adult sensible manner.

The way forward....

Is this a forum or a club, what is the purpose of CS.......clearly these are important questions for the membership to discuss in the future as CS grows.

Personally, I feel it is a bit of both.

It is a place where people can come and ask questions about Ferraris, get help on technical matters, shares (thanks SteveB, and others), hobbies etc....as can be seen from the numerous posts on a whole variety of issues.

But there is also a small social side to CS…….The site is and should continue to be a place where members can arrange to meet up on an ad hoc basis. In the past I have noticed members posting about meeting up for a pub lunch…or the Goodwood Sunday breakfasts, and long may it continue. For there is nothing to stop members organising these meetings, and I have met some of my closest friends over the years on just such days.

As for my view on National meets – at the request of the membership Ken offered to help out and organise one for this year. Hopefully this will turn out to be a great success and a large number of members will attend. As for future events....lets get this one out of the way first..

So if you wish to help build on the excellent work done by the Committee and Moderators over the last year. If you wish to enable a growing site to prosper and continue to become more user friendly, exciting, sometimes controversial yet honest and fair…

VOTE FOR ME!

Thanks

Mark

Name
    Murph

Default Manifesto - steve f

this site was set up on my behalf after big fall outs with rob lay i will do what i can do listen to members and try and get this site back to a friendly site like it was everybody meeting at track days ect i wont promise this and that all i will say is i will put my heart and soul into trying to
    make this place better than its is yes i am a joker and like a laugh and a joke but look at the big picture i have been self employed for 25 years and still going strong so i must be good at something its your choice you either vote for me or not

thanks
    steve f

Name
    Murph

Default Campaigning is closed

The campaigning window is now closed, along with the QA thread.

Everyone now has a few days to make up their own minds on who they would like to join the Committee. No further threads debating it are to be opened.

Voting closes next Tuesday, 8th March.

Thanks
    Andy

Name
    Murph

Default Voting has closed - the results are here

All

Thanks for taking part. The results can be found here:

Click here.

steve f - 20
    Hud - 34
    markst - 37

The vacant position will be filled by markst (Mark).

Thanks to all 3 candidates for putting yourselves in the frame.

I'll shortly start a thread for discussion of the results. Please keep all comments on the election to that thread. And keep them polite!