Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 612, getting tempted

Name
    chris

Default 612, getting tempted

Had one, a 2009 one to one, as below, lovely car. Moved house had to cash in etc so it went. Got back into a ferrari again, a 355 GTS F1, really love it. Finding it slightly limiting as we have a 4 yr old, so two seats means its just a fun car for me etc.
    612 means we can go out again as a family, whilst still having fun, like to go out for weekends away/sundays out etc, so it would be great to go back to 4 seats. Dick Lovetts at swindon have a black 612, lovely interior on for good money, and coming in more expensive is a one to one at JCT600. Price diff is 50k between these two, but the one to one has the lovely glass roof, carbon brakes/sports exhaust etc that I enjoyed on my previous one. Bit worried if I drop to 2005, I might miss those things?...
    On another point a california would suffice as Mrs is fairly small & junior would fit in the back ok, and they are creeping around 140k
    So dilema, maybe I will just keep the 355 another year and revisit, but for some reason right now, I have a 4 seater itch going on...help! advice gratefully received!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chris5150; 19-07-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Name
    lard

buy my 456 M - depreciation done, 4 seats and a lovely V12
    at 26k you cant go wrong
    http://www.forza288.com/used-ferrari...e80.html?c=567

Name
    chris

Default Thanks for the offer

Rustywings, but I see in the pics it has one of those odd wobbly sticks with a ball on top in the middle of the centre console, wouldnt know what to do with one of those so I must decline your kind offer, thanks anyway

Name
    Jason

456 has so much torque you can just leave in 3rd and pretend it as no gears.

My 456 is a great family car. Would recommend one to anyone.

Name
    cgt

612's are fantastic to drive. Anyone who has driven one will very quickly forget any stigma attached to it. And I do think the styling has dated well now that we are more used to seeing them.

Name
    lard

Quote Originally Posted by chris5150 View Post
    Rustywings, but I see in the pics it has one of those odd wobbly sticks with a ball on top in the middle of the centre console, wouldnt know what to do with one of those so I must decline your kind offer, thanks anyway
    yes - its an auto

Name
    chris

Default Whoops...

so it is, silly me, saw the gearstick & presumed it was a manual, so unused to seeing a stick on auto ferraris nowadays.
    The 612 has to be the most love it/hate it styling I have ever come across, I think in the picture I posted above it looks really stunning, yet viewed from other angles it looks a right dog!...overall though I agree think it has aged quite well, and for those who do like a less 'in your face' ferrari, I think the styling works well. So much nicer & more involved than the aston martin fare

Name
    DON HENSHALL

I drove one of these and loved it - great car IMO

Name
    Darren B

For the same money you can keep the 355 and have a 456 as well....good deal I think

Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    For the same money you can keep the 355 and have a 456 as well....good deal I think
    Exactly what I did! What a duo! Just need to add an F40 now.

I thought about a 612, they are a great drive, but the 456M is also a great drive and looks sooooo much nicer in the flesh. Just put some 19" wheels on. A modern Daytona and for less than 30k!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast