Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Charity Ad Hoc donations update

  1. #11
    Hud's Avatar
    Hud is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Rural Northamptonshire
    Name
    Rob
    Posts
    16,667

    Default


  2. #12
    markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    5,062

    Default


  3. #13
    AndrewE's Avatar
    AndrewE is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Leigh
    Name
    Andrew
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    Over the past 10 months the committee has received a number of ad hoc requests to support a variety of good causes to the tune of £500 each.

    This year, we have agreed to the following

    Mongolia Rally
    Mario 149 was taking part, in what can only be described as an endurance rally to Mongolia to raise money for their chosen charity “ the Christina Noble Children’s Foundation”

    Charity bike ride – sponsorship
    Sletti was taking part and requested a donation towards his chosen Charity – The Princes Trust

    Charity Beaujolais Run
    Jules was raising money for the Henry Surtees Foundation which raises funds to support cancer care and the Air Ambulance Service

    2012 Paralympics

    AndrewE asked if we would consider a donation to The Will Bayley 2012 Paralympic Fund to help a world class athlete win a gold medal....and good luck

    kayaking the Great Glen
    Tim asked us if we would support a colleague who was Kayaking the Great Glen, which links the East to West coast of Scotland, covering 70 miles of Lochs and Scottish waterways in aid of Children with Leukaemia.


    I am sure you will agree that all of these Charities / good causes will make excellent use of the CS donations


    The Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewE View Post
    Many thanks for this, Will will send link to his new website soon but a quick update

    Will was crowned European Champion last week in Split, Croatia, beating the World No.1 in the final 3-1 !! This is an awesome result and so well deserved given all the hard work and determination Will has shown.


    London 2012 here Will comes
    Will is just about to play in the Olympics FINAL

    best wishes to him

  4. #14
    tonyh's Avatar
    tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S W London
    Name
    Tony H
    Posts
    29,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewE View Post
    Will is just about to play in the Olympics FINAL

    best wishes to him

  5. #15
    AndrewE's Avatar
    AndrewE is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Leigh
    Name
    Andrew
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Will played really well in his first Paralympics to get to the final beating some really strong players in the rounds. Unfortunately the current champion from Germany was just too strong in the final beating him 3 - 1 in a best of 5

    Great experience for Will and great to end with a Silver

    I know he appreciates the support of many including Club Scud

    thanks all

  6. #16
    tonyh's Avatar
    tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S W London
    Name
    Tony H
    Posts
    29,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewE View Post
    Will played really well in his first Paralympics to get to the final beating some really strong players in the rounds. Unfortunately the current champion from Germany was just too strong in the final beating him 3 - 1 in a best of 5

    Great experience for Will and great to end with a Silver

    I know he appreciates the support of many including Club Scud

    thanks all
    fantastic result , Will

  7. #17
    francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S. England, but Scottish!
    Name
    Francis Newman
    Posts
    16,833

    Default

    Absolutely BRILLIANT

    And I'm SO PROUD that ClubScud played just a minute part in getting him there

  8. #18
    tonyh's Avatar
    tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S W London
    Name
    Tony H
    Posts
    29,056

    Default

    we are happy to support andy- murph7355- in his annual Credit Suisse Banger Rallye this year . here is an outline of his challenge . good luck

    'There's a team of 4 of us and the idea is we buy a car for less than 500 quid (hence car related!) to get us to Milan (hence Italy related). There are "challenges" on the way, and teams accrue points for various things (car bought, amount spent, "theme" for the team, challenges completed, sponsorship raised etc). Most points wins the challenge (no prize that I'm aware of, just the honour of winning ).

    Charity being supported this year is CentrePoint (homeless young kids - http://www.centrepoint.org.uk/).

    The team will be fully funding the car purchase, running costs and getting to Milan (and back sans car). All money given in sponsorship will therefore go directly to the charity.'

  9. #19
    JohnJStewart's Avatar
    JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Richmond, UK
    Name
    John Stewart
    Posts
    562

    Default How do I submit a request for a donation?

    This year in April I am trekking to Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to raise funds for a charity that I support.

    It is called Tong-Len and provides a hostel and schooling for the poorest children in this poor region of Northern India.

    I sponsor an 8 year old boy Nanku and also donate some additional cash each month matched by my employer to help them out.

    I'm hoping to raise several thousand pounds through this charitable walk all funded by me as there are some of the children who are now reaching University age and money is always needed.

    I am looking for 4 Gold Sponsors at £500 each to get us (my 25 year old daughter is also coming) and will be setting up a just giving page and doing banners and t shorts with those sponsors names on.

    I can provide loads more details and it would be amazing if Club Scud were to be one of the gold sponsors. I have one committed already so there are 3 places left.

    Can you help?

    Many thanks.

    John and Ellie.

  10. #20
    tonyh's Avatar
    tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S W London
    Name
    Tony H
    Posts
    29,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJStewart View Post
    This year in April I am trekking to Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to raise funds for a charity that I support.

    It is called Tong-Len and provides a hostel and schooling for the poorest children in this poor region of Northern India.

    I sponsor an 8 year old boy Nanku and also donate some additional cash each month matched by my employer to help them out.

    I'm hoping to raise several thousand pounds through this charitable walk all funded by me as there are some of the children who are now reaching University age and money is always needed.

    I am looking for 4 Gold Sponsors at £500 each to get us (my 25 year old daughter is also coming) and will be setting up a just giving page and doing banners and t shorts with those sponsors names on.

    I can provide loads more details and it would be amazing if Club Scud were to be one of the gold sponsors. I have one committed already so there are 3 places left.

    Can you help?

    Many thanks.

    John and Ellie.
    Let me have a chat with other comm guys and revert , John.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Charity donations
    By Fraccie in forum Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •