Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 335d or 335i?

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Sidester View Post
    Just picked up a new M3 to replace my GTR as daily runner, very impressed !

Spend a bit more and get one, so simply not a just 3 series !
    Got an E46 M3 atm, tried E90 M3 but it didnt give me the same buzz...great engine but overall does not feel superior to the earlier car, especially the steering.

The Hartge 335 has tons more torque than both M3s and much more economy..

Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Sounds like what I want. What was the bhp on yours? Was the gearbox software optimised too? Hartge make a big thing out of how their ECU is optimised and fine-tuned for a smooth shift and linear powerband. I certainly like the sound of monster torque combined with economy.
    It was about 340bhp and 700nm of torque according to dtuk, the tuning box was fitted by me in about 15 minutes. The gearbox was not optimised on mine but it drove perfectly with the box fitted. The box has a few selectable maps.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by KW355 View Post
    It was about 340bhp and 700nm of torque according to dtuk, the tuning box was fitted by me in about 15 minutes. The gearbox was not optimised on mine but it drove perfectly with the box fitted. The box has a few selectable maps.
    In real world driving torque is the only thing that matters.

Name
    Dan

I needed a motorway mile eater so got a 330i M Sport last year. It ticks all the boxes and was only 11k for an immaculate 4 year old car.

Make sure you get one with all the toys though.

I put on winter tires last year in the snow and had loads of fun on our country roads without getting stuck once.

It is a bit thirsty though only managing to average 28mpg in real life driving, 38mpg on steady m'way runs.

Hope that helps.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by eccounts View Post
    I needed a motorway mile eater so got a 330i M Sport last year. It ticks all the boxes and was only 11k for an immaculate 4 year old car.

Make sure you get one with all the toys though.

I put on winter tires last year in the snow and had loads of fun on our country roads without getting stuck once.

It is a bit thirsty though only managing to average 28mpg in real life driving, 38mpg on steady m'way runs.

Hope that helps.

Thank you yes it does, but that is similar economy to what I get in the M3 so I am pretty much decided on the diesel now

Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Thank you yes it does, but that is similar economy to what I get in the M3 so I am pretty much decided on the diesel now
    Make sure you invest in a set of winter tires, you'll be amazed at the improvement once winter arrives. And it's also fun laughing at all the people who assume that BMWs can't go out once the white stuff is on the ground.

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by eccounts View Post
    Make sure you invest in a set of winter tires, you'll be amazed at the improvement once winter arrives. And it's also fun laughing at all the people who assume that BMWs can't go out once the white stuff is on the ground.

Just sorted some of these out for my 3 series - if you want them then you will need to be quick. There are more available this year than last, but not a lot from what I can see. First sign of any snow & they'll be gone. Cheap winter tyres also seem to be fine in snow but pretty cack otherwise. Don't buy them SH either - there are tons on E-bay with 4/5mm on them - which in reality is just about dead for a winter tyre. Camskill is a good source (& they still have Dunlop & G'year runflat winters in stock)

I also have a spare set of E90 16" alloys that would be fine for a set of Winters up to about 215 wide I should think (and will take runflats). Heading for Ebay in the next week or so if I don't sell them before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12