Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brands RMCTF day - Nov 2011. Feedback thread

Name
    Mal

Great day.

Split sessions were great - sorted the track issues and gave road cars a much needed regular break

Ways to improve:

More cars for the track car sessions
    More punters - could easily cope with 30 more soldiers etc
    Would be nice to all have a social together after the event
    Summer date
    Drill and fit proper door handles to the McLaren

These are all minor issues but observations to make a great day even better

Mal

Name
    bruce cuthbert

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    Great day.

Split sessions were great - sorted the track issues and gave road cars a much needed regular break

Ways to improve:

More cars for the track car sessions
    More punters - could easily cope with 30 more soldiers etc
    Would be nice to all have a social together after the event
    Summer date
    Drill and fit proper door handles to the McLaren

These are all minor issues but observations to make a great day even better

Mal

I agree fully with all Mal's points. However, although the social event would be nice it was an early start and I personally was quite keen to get away and get the horrors of the M25 out of the way before it hit the really heavy rush hour. As it was the weather on the way home was a nightmare making the journey not a lot of fun. 75 min to get there in the morning, 105 mins to get home Might be different if it was a summer evening.

Contrary to what Andrew said I thought Richard's explanation at the briefing of the lunchtime arrangements was clear enough and I did personally walk up the pit lane to tell everyone when it was time to assemble for the pit straight photo, although a lot of the drivers didn't seem to be around. The loudspeaker announcements are always a problem with the noise of engines etc.

One suggestion might be the purchase of a couple of loud hailers for use by the helpers. We had to do quite a bit of shouting to get make the punters aware that there was a car waiting to give a ride, or to ask them to move the queue down to where we wanted the pick up line to be. It could also be used for passing messages to drivers down the pit lane.

If it was a longer event on a summer day then I definitely think we would need more punters as demand for the road car rides was getting pretty thin towards the end - unlike the race cars, which of course tend to be able to give less rides anyway, because of the longer time it takes to get the riders in and out and do up the harnesses.

But all defeintely much better this year than last

Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    One suggestion might be the purchase of a couple of loud hailers for use by the helpers. We had to do quite a bit of shouting to get make the punters aware that there was a car waiting to give a ride, or to ask them to move the queue down to where we wanted the pick up line to be. It could also be used for passing messages to drivers down the pit lane.
    :
    To be fair Richard gave me a loud hailer which I left in the car as I didnt think we needed it!

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    To be fair Richard gave me a loud hailer which I left in the car as I didnt think we needed it!
    That's you fired then

Name
    Rob

I think the day went very well and dont really have much feedback, maybe a few more track cars if possible and I agree could have probably coped with a few more people.

It was well organised again and I think the separate sessions were a great idea

Name
    Francis Newman

And might I also just add that the helpers team were a great bunch and I really enjoyed working with the other guys - we too had a lot of fun and a laugh and a joke or two (I was going to mention McLaren door handles here but decided against it as poor Bruce has suffered enough already at our hands, or fingers, or whatever the secret is to opening those bloody doors) )

So please try to stop any of them buying an eligible car before next year and keep the team together

Name
    Rob

And might I also just add that the helpers team were a great bunch and I really enjoyed working with the other guys - we too had a lot of fun and a laugh and a joke or two (I was going to mention McLaren door handles here but decided against it as poor Bruce has suffered enough already at our hands, or fingers, or whatever the secret is to opening those bloody doors) )

So please try to stop any of them buying an eligible car before next year and keep the team together
    Ditto

I'm still convinced there was only a button inside and Bruce was winding us up all day

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

I could drive next year .

Back on topic, nothing much to add. While I understand the reason for the instruction not to park behind the garages as there was loads of room to do so and leave plenty more room for the track cars and there was Little other space as the cars had all parked head to toe rather than side by side. Not a biggie really.

Did someone mention lunch vouchers . Never saw one (luckily I'd taken my own lunch ).

It was much less hectic for the helpers as many of the track cars had their own teams. Perhaps we could check each wheel nut for torque and each tyre for pressure after each two laps for the road cars .

Overall a well organised day .

Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    I could drive next year .
    Yeah yeah yeah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast