Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Depreciation woes!!

Name
    L

Default Car Depreciation woes!!

I am a new forum member and have read countless posts on the value, both resale and current of F cars(and some others)

Surely no one on here actually believes that cars are appreciating assets( with a few expections)

So why the constant surprise, horror, shock, at the fact that F cars lose money!

Who in their right mind buys a car and seriously believes that it will increase or at the very least, hold its value?

Wake up! its a wasting asset.... Your car...yes yours, is going to lose value weekly, just like all regular cars.

Accept the fact and enjoy the car for what it is.

Rant over!

Name
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by 11LX
    I am a new forum member and have read countless posts on the value, both resale and current of F cars(and some others)

Surely no one on here actually believes that cars are appreciating assets( with a few expections)

So why the constant surprise, horror, shock, at the fact that F cars lose money!

Who in their right mind buys a car and seriously believes that it will increase or at the very least, hold its value?

Wake up! its a wasting asset.... Your car...yes yours, is going to lose value weekly, just like all regular cars.

Rant over!
    What he said

ferrari-spider Guest

Good that man

Name
    M

if my post about the 125k 612 sparked this, then let me make my own views clear.

I know the 4 seater V12s never do well, i was just suprised to see it so cheap so soon. That's a 30% drop in sub-12 months.

And i was merely commenting that it would make a nice purchase now or in another 1 months.

But i agree with you - enjoy it whilst you can!

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

Best post in ages

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 11LX

Rant over!
    You're right, no-one believes their cars are appreciating assets. I don't know where you got that impression from. I haven't read a single post on here from someone saying they expected their car to 'increase in value but it didn't'.

Personally I don't care if my car depreciates but I think your interpretation of what you've read is deliberately extreme. People don't like to lose money - that is just normal. It doesn't mean they were expecting the opposite.

Name
    Steve W

I think it's naive to ignore depreciation unless you are seriously wealthy, either that or a 'buy and hold' enthusiast. Few however would expect a series production Ferrari of any age to appreciate whilst putting any sort of mileage on it.

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I think it's naive to ignore depreciation unless you are seriously wealthy, either that or a 'buy and hold' enthusiast. Few however would expect a series production Ferrari of any age to appreciate whilst putting any sort of mileage on it.

Well said

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I'm a 'buy and hold' person which is why I don't care about depreciation. I actually don't like the shape of the 360/430 all that much, which makes my wallet really happy!

Name
    Dem

I think everyone appreciates they lose money like any other car, but for those on a tighter budget, to realise their dream and buy their first F-car, they have to be confident about how much of a 'kick in the nuts' they are likely to take. This can be the deciding factor, if the odd thousand pounds here and there makes a difference to your circumstances.

So, I don't mind people posting those kinds of questions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast