Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brands Hatch - 2nd August 2012 - supporting the RMCTF

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Default Brands Hatch - 2nd August 2012 - supporting the RMCTF

Hi All,

I’m delighted to announce that we have been invited back for a third year to Brands Hatch to again give injured soldiers, their carers and the medical teams some passenger rides round Brands Hatch in our cars. I’d urge everyone who’s interested in attending this day to spend some time reading through the 2010 & 2011 threads and look at the pictures, the comments and feedback to see what this day is all about.

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...ble-Trust-Fund

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...ting-the-RMCTF

The 2010 & 2011 events have both fallen in the month of November…. great as no clashes with anything else car related, but no so great if you don’t like rain and cold!!

So, it gives me great pleasure to announce that the Indy Circuit at Brands Hatch has been booked for:

Thursday the 2nd August 2012.

Gary Eastwood & Cliff Fox (as in Hoyle Fox, sponsors here) have generously rented Brands for this event.

In addition to road cars I will be organising, Anthony Cheshire who runs FF Corse will be bringing Gary’s & Cliff’s 458 Challenge cars and several others of their clients race cars. I hope that Hazy & Radders will again bring their “crowd pleasing” M3 Cup Cars. (yet to chat to them)

Basic details as follows:

Charity supporting: Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund. (RMCTF)

Groups giving rides to: Injured servicemen & women from all branches of the forces plus members of; The Not Forgotten Association, BLESMA, Headley Court, Haslar Co. plus medical staff, carers and supporters of the day.

Venue: Brands Hatch, Kent.

Date: Thursday 2nd August 2012.

Time: TBC, but likely that rides will be from 10am again, ending at 5pm. (arrival, briefing, noise testing from approx 8:45am)

Format: Open Pit lane, max 20 car at a time. Race & road cars will run in separate alternating slots.

Noise: Usual weekday, so 105db.

Cost: £0. (but you will be urged to buy plenty of raffle tickets!)

Places available: 25.

Insurance: Track / pit managed by MSV, so your insurance company “may” recognise them if you have specific cover for track activities. Please make your own checks.

Special Bonus Feature: ex-Nelson Piquet 1990 Benetton F1 car to give demonstration runs at lunchtime plus some additional F1 cars if available!

What you need to do to register your interest: PM me with: Your name, (real & forum)… car model… details of track experience.

T&C's:

1. Although this is NOT a Club Scuderia event (merely being posted here) I would like to see 80% of the final drivers list as subscribed members please. CS have made two generous donations to the RMCTF in '10 & '11 and I will be asking if they wish to do again this year....in the meantime, £10 subscription is not an unreasonable sum to qualify for a chance to be selected?

2. A duplicate thread will be posted on fgear & ScudItalia. Contact me via any forum.

3. All drivers to wear a “race suit” (MANDATORY). This is to add to the spectacle of the day for the soldiers, to add to the safety aspect and so the soldiers can see who / what you are! These are cheap as chips from Demon Tweaks: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Kartin...Suit/1497/7861 A simple Karting suit is fine and considerably cheaper than the cost of a track day at Brands anyway. Or raid ebay as some did last year.

4. You will need crash helmet. Open face is OK for closed cars, full face for open cars. You will need to show your driving licence as well as part of the signing on process. (no licence, no drive)

5. As was the format for the last two years, I am not going to open the list up on a "first come, first served" basis. The reasoning for this is as follows:

a. We'd like to have a broad selection of cars.
    b. We want drivers who have some track experience.

Military background is a bonus but NOT mandatory!

Volunteers are a vital part of a day like this, therefore if anyone would like to assist in getting people in & out of cars and generally pointing people in the right direction and helping them not get run over in the pit lane, please post on this thread. Mal has kindly agreed to manage this important group. Thanks!

Any questions, please ask them on this thread (so others can see and may also be wondering the same) or send me a PM. Some photos of previous events below.

Many thanks,
    Richard (rmdferrari)
    Attached Images Attached Images               

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Bit too early to finalise my diary Richard (no idea what the missus has in mind for August) but in principle I'll be there as part of Malc's team once again

Name
    jos

Crucial deal-breaker question : will their chuck wagon be there again ?

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Bit too early to finalise my diary Richard (no idea what the missus has in mind for August) but in principle I'll be there as part of Malc's team once again
    Fair point, it is loads of notice. Just heard confirmed date on Thursday so thought I'd share.
    Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Crucial deal-breaker question : will their chuck wagon be there again ?
    Yes.

Name
    Simon

Nice one Rich!

Name
    Stuart

Happy days

Name
    Paul

Sounds good to me.

KenC is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Unfortunately my diary is already firm and I'm in Portugal so will not be able to join Mal's team this year.

Name
    Aldous Voice

This was my favourite event of 2011 on so many levels - now it's been made perfect with the summer date. Let's hope rides can continue later as the falling light levels stopped play last time!

Name
    bruce cuthbert

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    Unfortunately my diary is already firm and I'm in Portugal so will not be able to join Mal's team this year.
    Yes please Richard will be there driving if you have the space

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast