Thread: Ferrari 2012

Name
    cgt

Default Ferrari 2012

More of the same? Been hearing 'this is the year' ever since MS Mk1 retired I never thought I would say this but Alonso deserves a car to show his ability.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97453

t1grm is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    ii

Itís getting on for 10 seasons since Schumacher last won a championship for Ferrari. If you take the point of view (which I do) that 2007 was a fluke because McLaren handed the championship to them on a plate (oohh controversial! ) theyíve done pretty much bugger all since then. Schumacher/Brawn/Todt WERE Ferrari F1 during the late 90ís and early 00ís. Itís time for LdM to admit that his political power plays havenít worked and he really did throw the baby out with the bath water when he ousted the Schumacher/Brawn/Todt triumvirate.

Edit: Sadly I can see another generation of nearly men thwarted by politics and poor cars similar to that seen between the Scheckter/Lauda and Schumacher eras. Alonso/Kubica equals Mansell/Prost at Ferrari anyone?
    Last edited by t1grm; 10-02-2012 at 09:52 AM.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by t1grm View Post
    Itís getting on for 10 seasons since Schumacher last won a championship for Ferrari. If you take the point of view (which I do) that 2007 was a fluke because McLaren handed the championship to them on a plate (oohh controversial! ) theyíve done pretty much bugger all since then. Schumacher/Brawn/Todt WERE Ferrari F1 during the late 90ís and early 00ís. Itís time for LdM to admit that his political power plays havenít worked and he really did throw the baby out with the bath water when he ousted the Schumacher/Brawn/Todt triumvirate.

Edit: Sadly I can see another generation of nearly men thwarted by politics and poor cars similar to that seen between the Scheckter/Lauda and Schumacher eras. Alonso/Kubica equals Mansell/Prost at Ferrari anyone?
    Things were also massively different then, restricted testing is hurting Ferrari big I think. McLaren and RB seem to be better at getting it right first time.
    Look at Mercedes, they did really well when Button won the WDC but since then even with 2/3 team from Ferrari they are still not doing it. There again MS is getting a bit of an old man now and I suspect Rosberg will show him a clean pair of heals yet again in 2012

Name
    sammy

Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    There again MS is getting a bit of an old man now and I suspect Rosberg will show him a clean pair of heals yet again in 2012
    This is a thread about the 2012 Ferrari, not MS. Please delete the above sentence from your post so we can get back on topic

Name
    jos

Default Fernando Alonso is fastest for Ferrari as Jerez F1 test comes to an end

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Alonso deserves a car to show his ability.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97479

I think a few teams must be thinking that the statistical likelihood of Vettel doing three back to back is minimal and Alonso is one of the few drivers who can make a car go better than it should
    Last edited by jos; 10-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97479

I think a few teams must be thinking that the statistical likelihood of Vettel doing three back to back is minimal and Alonso is one of the few drivers who can make a car go better than it should
    Possibly, but Red Bull have always been very good at not showing their cards too early. Well, the Red Bull driven by the young German anyway..