Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children's Fund Track Day at Goodwood

Name
    Simon Wright

Default The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children's Fund Track Day at Goodwood

The RNRMCF Track Day which is officially named 'Planes, Games and Automobiles' will be held at Goodwood Motor Circuit 4th June 2012 to raise funds for the RNRMCF and its causes.

Name:  Track Car flyer.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  94.1 KB

Thanks to everybody that contributed to the original thread and in particular thanks to Bruce and Richard for their helpful advice.

For a little history of the RNRMCF and its causes please click here

Please keep reading as this is where you may be able to help.

The day will run from 0900 - 1700 with track driver sign in and briefing starting at 0800 and a second brief for the PM session at 1330.

Paddock 1 - This will be put aside for Track day cars and Paying Passenger cars
    Paddock 2 - We are hoping to fill this with a static display of Supercars, if you can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. The idea being that, you can either turn up, park up and let your P&J entertain on its own for the day or by all means stay and enjoy some of the festivities.
    The Track Day will be 4 x 15 minute sessions per hour - 3 hour AM, 3 hour PM slot and a 2 hours break for lunch and ‘Parade Laps’. Goodwood have thave a 1 hour quiet period during the day. We are hoping to have 10 cars available for ‘paying passenger’ track rides – the only problem here is the 98dB static noise limit and the 96dB ‘drive-by’.
    (Those of you familiar with track days will know that this pretty much precludes just about everything on this forum except McLaren F1, MP4-12C and a Ferrari F40 hence my request for static display cars as well.)
    We do already have 'Time Attack' champion Duncan Graham in his 800bhp Impreza and Mark Feighan as 'Paying passenger' rides.

The Sporting Bears will be on-site to give 10 mile country rides to paying passengers starting through the Goodwood tunnel.

Please add you name below if you would be prepared to supply your car for either the static or track event. We are after 40 Supercars all day for the static display although there could feasibly be a second display under the auspices of Club Scuderia in the car club section depending on take up.
    The 'paying passenger' track ride entry is free but will require an absolute commitment from 8 generous souls to turn up on the day irrespective of rain or shine.

....Name...................Car....................Static/Track...........AM/PM/All day

1. SimonJW...............355 GTS................Static.....................All Day

I have added my name to start the ball rolling but if I get the take that I am hoping for I will stand aside.

This event is in its infancy but we are hoping for a good turn out as it is Jubilee Bank Holiday Monday and our event is deliberately aimed at the whole family. Please see our website for more details of what is on offer for the whole family. Please bear in mind that the website is under construction and will be updated accordingly.
    If you think I've missed anything please feel free to ask or comment (nicely). This is my first event of this size so be gentle.

Above all thanks for reading and please put us in your diary.
    Last edited by SimonJW; 20-02-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Name
    Lorie Coffey

Default Static display

You can add me to the static, will also step down if needs be.

Lorie Coffey, 308GTB, Static, All day

Name
    Geoff

Name...................Car....................Stat ic/Track...........AM/PM/All day

1. SimonJW...............355 GTS................ Static.....................All Day
    2. Lorie Coffey...........308 GTB.................Static.................... All day
    3. Geoff Lowe............360 Spider............. Static.................... PM (got a wedding to do at lunchtime!)

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Brilliant work Simon ....delighted I could be of some help. Will check family calendar then see if can come along. (even mine may be too loud though!)

We spoke about cost to drive at the event, is this now not the case?

Richard

Name
    Simon Wright

Quote Originally Posted by rmdferrari View Post
    Brilliant work Simon ....delighted I could be of some help. Will check family calendar then see if can come along. (even mine may be too loud though!)

We spoke about cost to drive at the event, is this now not the case?

Richard
    Thanks Richard.

I have allocated spaces for ten 'passenger paying' ride cars/drivers now free of charge. They will run at quarter to the hour of every hour of track time and be preceded by track paying public in the other three 15 minute slots. The more the merrier. Any volunteers can easily volunteer for just AM or just PM but full day attendance makes my life a lot easier. (Please )
    I'm only a 'static' volunteer as I now for a fact that a 355 with a Capristo has no chance of 98dBs!

As an aside if you think that your car will be too loud for the track then there is always the option to join 'Sporting Bears'.
    They are always on the look out for new members particularly down on the South Coast.

Name
    bruce cuthbert

...................Car....................Stat ic/Track...........AM/PM/All day

1. SimonJW...............355 GTS................ Static.....................All Day
    2. Lorie Coffey...........308 GTB.................Static.................... All day
    3. Geoff Lowe............360 Spider............. Static.................... PM (got a wedding to do at lunchtime!)
    4. Bruce....................MP4 12c.................Track.....................All day

Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

Name
    jos

Not sure if I can help but well done for sorting - looks a good event

Name
    Simon Wright

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Not sure if I can help but well done for sorting - looks a good event
    Thanks jos.

It's taken some doing just getting this far, as it has involved six like minded people who have not worked together before bringing what promises to be a great day to fruition. We are all really excited, as you can imagine.

I can't thank Bruce enough especially as he has volunteered his services in his MP4-12C as well, fantastic!

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

...................Car....................Stat ic/Track...........AM/PM/All day

4. Bruce....................MP4 12c.................Track.....................All day
    5. F355GTS................575 F1 (or Caterham)..Track..................All day

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

just to update members; the forum is happy to support this event with a 500 ad hoc donation

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast