Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a manual 360, what is the manual to F1 ratio?

Name
    David

Default Looking for a manual 360, what is the manual to F1 ratio?

Looking through various classified I see there are many, many more F1 360s about than there are manual cars. What sort of numbers of each were sold in the UK?

Do the F1s command a premium over an equivalent manual car?

Oh and any details of cars not on Pistonheads/Ebay/Autotrader would be great fully received. Coupe of Spider.

David.

Name
    jos

Default Welcome & good luck with your search

I think its something like half spider are manual (which surprises me) and one third modena

Name
    Martin

I have had an F1 and a Manual one, and in my own opinion it is manual every time although there are a lot more F1s to choose from. The F1 is great at first but in traffic, general driving conditions as well as reversing it will drive you mad after a short space of time. Also you tend to get more clutch problems with the F1 as well as it needing adjusting every few thousand miles. The newer ones are a bit better though

F1 as I understand it are more popular but this is offset by the fact that there are a lot less manual cars around so price wise they seem to be pretty even.

Sidester is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Also think about what experience you want....

My daily drivers have been an R35 GTR, E92 M3 DCT both of which have an F1 paddle shift gear box that makes the 360 F1 box feel clunky as hell....

I love getting into my manual 360 after a week of pulling paddles to hear that clunk click when you change gear, it's a different bag altogether !

Just a thought !!!!
    360 Modena
    Grigio Titanium

Name
    David

I want to be involved in driving the car, I've had a couple of GTR's and got bored of them quite quickly mainly because of the gearbox. All of my other cars (R8, GT3 RS, 997 Turbo, 997 GTS, R8, 355, Gallardo etc) have all been manual cars.

On the downside my wife wants to use the car and she does not like paddle shift cars.

Name
    Darren

Manual every time! Buy mine. You know you want to...

Name
    Tony L

I'm surprised to hear a third of Modenas are manual. As I recall from when I was looking to buy mine, it was more like one in 10 of those for sale. Perhaps this is because F1 owners decide to sell their cars sooner.

When I bought mine, just over 2 years ago there was no price difference between F1 & manual. I predict manuals will hold more value in the future as 360s become more affordable to buy (but just as expensive to run, of course).

Name
    Martin

Yeah I think everyone wants an F1 until they buy one, then a good percentage of people (like I did) decide they do not like them and sell them quite quickly, they do seem to generally have more previous owners than the manuals when you go looking.

With no more Manuals being made they might end up holding their money better but most new buyers want F1 I am guessing??

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

I guess with in excess of 550 BHP and sub 4 sec O-60 times most drivers whose initials aren't JB (myself included) would 'need' F1 transmission. I think cars are getting to quick to be manuals. It happened in F1 15 years ago........

I agree though and in future we will be a bit like the US and value the novelty of a 'stick shift'

Name
    360trev

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    I guess with in excess of 550 BHP and sub 4 sec O-60 times most drivers whose initials aren't JB (myself included) would 'need' F1 transmission. I think cars are getting to quick to be manuals. It happened in F1 15 years ago........

I agree though and in future we will be a bit like the US and value the novelty of a 'stick shift'
    That's the problem though isn't it. We have too much of everything going on, too much power, too much WEIGHT and too many computers. All of this extra excess forces use of computers to control all that excess, which looses enjoyment since its the computer doing all the calculation to detect wheel slip and permit a % of power or braking for individual wheels - all automatically. May as well be on a Boeing ...

700+hp on the latest Ferrari's is just laughably sad direction to be going imho. Yes I've driven cars with over 650hp [the GT-R] but that's not the kind of "fun" I want from a Ferrari. Point and squirt is not the same as knife edged racer.

I really think the aim should be ~900kg's with around 450hp. Get that through material science innovation and the acceleration absolutely sensational, the cornering is unbeatable and then add in some clever active aerodynamics [go wild here] and that's the kind of car that sends a shiver down this enthusiasts spine. Really weight is the root of all evil, excesses of power just mask the problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast