Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worldwide launch on Club Scud - RG Water Filters

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Default Worldwide launch on Club Scud - RG Water Filters

As I have already intimated we are about to launch a new in-line water filter, and rather than wait for photography etc, here is the worldwide exclusive launch on this esteemed forum. The product is in stock though not on-line so any enquiries or orders by PM or phone on 01780 749449

Race Glaze Maxi-Filter
    Refillable Long Life Water Filter System

0ppm car washing water wherever you live – for £99.95• Leaves no water spots even without drying off
    • Connects to your hosepipe or pressure washer effortlessly
    • Use to fully wash or just final rinse
    • 7 litre capacity, weighs 5kg, 50cm total height
    • Up to 600+ litres of pure filtered water
    • Refillable resin filtration beads
    • Supplied ready to use
    We’ve all had to swiftly run round our cars to dry them before water spots form, which are very hard to remove and can badly effect paintwork. And try as you might, washing and drying will cause swirl marks and light surface scratching.
    Existing in-line water filters are either very expensive or have incredibly short lives, and can waste the casing, which is very environmentally unfriendly. For example, the AquaGleem filter is 2.5 litre capacity, typically retails at £55. That’s 54% more expensive than our unit !
    The new Race Glaze Maxi-Filter uses a durable fibreglass tank ready filled with premium A1 grade resin (note: some budget filters use fines – broken reject resin) and comes ready for you to add standard Hozelock-type connectors to begin use immediately.
    Tap water enters the tank and under pressure is forced down through the resin bed to emerge on the outlet side as close to 0 parts per million (ppm) of dissolved solids as possible.
    Using a hosepipe to wash a car uses approx. 30 litres of water (AutoExpress 21/3/2012), a final rinse only a fraction of that – we estimate 5-7 litres.
    Use this handy calculator to see how many litres of pure water your local supply will give you and how many rinses will result. Your water board should tell you.

120000 /water hardness = water output in litres over life of supplied resin - note that refills at £33 substantially reduce costs for the future
    Example water hardnesses:
    Central Birmingham 80 ppm
    Outer Birmingham, Kent, Southern home counties 270 ppm
    London 280 ppm
    Southampton/Portsmouth, northern home counties 320 ppm
    A general average is 275ppm – though note that some other suppliers use 200ppm as an average.
    Optional extras:
    Resin refills, 7 litres £33
    Resin refills, 25 litres £110
    Electronic water “hardness” meter £42.99
    Simple ‘dip in’ testing for your water output to check when resin needs replacement, 12 month warranty (HM Digital, TDS-3 model)

Larger tank sizes available on request.

Arron is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Arron

I utterly hate washing my car for this very reason, on a dry day the water here in Kent is so hard the car ends up covered in marks that are difficult to remove.

So, as soon as poxy Veolia water remove their hosepipe ban I think I will invest in one of these

Name
    Phil Worrall

That sounds the business Mark especially here near Southampton

P

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Hi Phil

We think we've got a few USPs with this - its reuseable for a start (no point in chucking away the body which is the pricey bit), a more useful size than the AquaGleem unit which is tiny, better value especially in the long run, and foolproof (which remains untested).

I washed my 360 last night ready for Sunday and should have used our demo unit, drying it took ages, and always the risk of inflicting scratches. It will be so nice to just put it away after doing the easy bit.

Will bring one to Concours - you coming ?

cheers

MArk

Name
    Mark Wibberley

This is now uploaded and ready to purchase as the hosepipe ban is now lifted nationwide.

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-...ashing-filter/

We reckon running costs are 25% less than AquaGleem, but once you use your first tank of resin, the refills make it 75% cheaper to use our unit. Thats a heck of a saving. (Assume you write off the cost of first purchase, as thats what you have to do every time with other filters).

I did a test yesterday when it was warm, rinsed a car front window and bonnet down with normal water, dried half of it, rinsed it with filtered and left it.

The treated side dried quicker (no particles in water to stick to paint/glass), left no streaks or watermarks whatsoever. And no chance of marring.

Name
    Arron

You should have my order now

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Thank you - and you will have your filter today.

I found the grey connectors sealed perfectly by the way so you'll probably find the same.

Name
    Arron

OK, so I used my filter for the first time today.....

Insect remover on the front end, 2 bucket method, filtered water in the rinse bucket, hot tap water with Auto Glymm shampoo in the other.

Cleaned the car in stages - front/middle/back, rinsing very thoroughly with filtered water through a hose as I went.

It was a blazing hot day here today so I just left it to dry in the sun - usually a recipe for disaster.

Not one single water mark...........

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Quick heads up...

There's a big waxing show this weekend and I expect to sell all the remaining stock from our first batch on Sunday.

New stock may be a few weeks so if you want one of these best to get your order in the next 24 hours.

Name
    Gareth

Collected one of these from Mark on my way home from work yesterday. Have to admit I was a bit sceptical as to how good it would be but I went and bought the hose connectors this morning and then tested it on my red S5

Washed the car as normal then put the filter in line with my pressure washer for the final rinse and left it to dry

Not a mark on it

Amazing

Moved on to the 430 and same result. Brilliant

This has to be one of the best £99s you could spend. Everyone should have one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast