Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 348 Foldable roofs now available

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    hi im new here and i'm looking to buy a foldable roof like one of these , anyone who know's where i will find one ?
    Thanks,
    Dominique..
    Hi Dominique. Sorry, didn't see your question on this old thread. Short answer from me is no, I don't know where any others are bur perhaps another member who has one will see this and get in touch.

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

There's what looks like a decent original black solid roof on the FOC site.....1500

Obvs no affiliation....

http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/c...s-accessories/

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    There's what looks like a decent original black solid roof on the FOC site.....1500

Obvs no affiliation....

http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/c...s-accessories/
    Good spot Mike. If anyone wants one make sure you ask if the roof is originally 348 or 355. The seals are different which isn't a snag, you just need to source the right seals but the brackets the seals go on are also different so they're not a straight swap. Can be done though.

Name
    SMac

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Roony View Post
    Would really like one of these on my 328.... If they ever made them.?
    Roony, did you ever find something like this for a 328? I have a 308 and looking for something similar.

S

Name
    GQ

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Good spot.

There was one sold on fleabay last week for just over 500. I would have bid but our annex build is dominating cash flow at the moment.

Id like one, but not 2ks worth! Thinking about it there was a Dutch guy trying to sell copies awhile back for exactly that amount...wonder if its one I the same. He got roasted on fchat as his wasnt type approved!

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Good spot.

There was one sold on fleabay last week for just over 500. I would have bid but our annex build is dominating cash flow at the moment.

Id like one, but not 2ks worth! Thinking about it there was a Dutch guy trying to sell copies awhile back for exactly that amount...wonder if its one I the same. He got roasted on fchat as his wasnt type approved!
    He advertised on here. I asked for photos to confirm they were (as far as I could tell - I have an original) exactly the same as the original but he failed to supply any pictures/evidence so I deleted his posts. Maybe a bit cautious but the originals were tested and approved up to 100mph, any copies are not. The implications of a member buying one and having it come free on the motorway resulting in carnage behind them wasn't worth the risk imo. Besides, as a non-member he didn't really have any place advertising on here in the first place.

On the original roofs:

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  148.5 KB

Btw, they are not worth 2,000 for what they are, they really are pretty basic.... but for what they do they are worth every penny. As a taller, more portly owner, having the seat anything other than all the way back adversely effects the driving enjoyment, and putting the targa behind the seat always marks them eventually. To be able to have an emergency roof on the parcel shelf so my targa stays unmarked and always have plenty of room in the car is easily worth it to me.

I saw a folding roof on ebay not long ago for about 500ish, may have been the same one. It wasn't an original. simply not worth the risk imo.

Name
    GQ

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    but for what they do they are worth every penny. As a taller, more portly owner, having the seat anything other than all the way back adversely effects the driving enjoyment, and putting the targa behind the seat always marks them eventually. To be able to have an emergency roof on the parcel shelf so my targa stays unmarked and always have plenty of room in the car is easily worth it to me.
    +1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123