Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Supercar Event 21st & 22nd June 2014

Name
    Candellara

Feedback for the Event: (IMO)

"Supercar" parking area should be roped off but "accessible" to the public to get to see the cars. If not logistical, then maybe at lunchtime?

Classic Sports car was a great idea but how about inviting more classics and at a reduced rate for the public of £20 per run? Classic cars could come out at a 30 min morning "break" for the Supercars, at the lunchtime break and again, a 30 min slot in the afternoon? Need more Classics though. This would also facilitate a second drivers briefing at lunchtime to re-interate the driving standards required

Perhaps a separate queuing area for "Hypercar" rides?

Finally, outside of the rides, more "tradestands" and maybe BMX / Motocross display team - as if you weren't happy spending alot of money on multiple rides as a paying attendee, it'd be nice to watch something else that didn't cost money? Although it is a fund raising Event, the commentary did come across as a little pushy to get the rides booked in?

We have to remember that £35 and £75? is quite alot of money for just a few minutes for many people and the crowd expect value from the Event for the other multiple hours as a family that they are there?

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Andy

i'm sure your 348 would have been more than welcome and whilst it's probably 20 years old it is still a supercar, certainly much more so than many of the other cars there.....Fiat 500 anybody
    I have done this event the last few years in the 348 and yes, always made very welcome. It's a fantastic event. I couldn't make it this year but my point was that with all the modern supercars there, The 348 isn't quite special enough for quite a few paying public for a ride. Like RobC posted, I was even sent round empty last year so not to hold up the line of cars.

I'll do it again as its a great event / cause, but as an answer to why there were no 348's there this year, I suspect the others had similar experience.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    Carl

Great to hear it was a cracking day. Sadly my work pattern this year has conflicted with nearly every bleedin' event this year. Frustrating. I do have a car honest.

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    I have done this event the last few years in the 348 and yes, always made very welcome. It's a fantastic event. I couldn't make it this year but my point was that with all the modern supercars there, The 348 isn't quite special enough for quite a few paying public for a ride. Like RobC posted, I was even sent round empty last year so not to hold up the line of cars.

I'll do it again as its a great event / cause, but as an answer to why there were no 348's there this year, I suspect the others had similar experience.
    Perhaps the "Classic section" should be pre 95 Sports cars and run at reduced cost in three slots, across the day? One thing i'm mindful of is that after paying to get in, what is there to do as a family that doesn't cost you even more money? whilst trying to entertain children? One thing that could certainly be done is the car's being able to be viewed when parked up - but this would need to be roped off.

One of the chaps that i had as a paying passenger had three children, drove a Ford Focus as his daily and the £35 ride was his Birthday present. Let's not forget that the Event needs to be "inclusive" rather than "exclusive" and £35 / £75 respectively is still alot of money for many people.

Name
    Mal

Save the date... next years event is already set as 20th & 21st June 2015

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post

I do understand and have been in the same situation with my 328 both at Littlehavens and one we did with Mal. If the organisers stick to their guns and enforce the rule of no choice then it works as along as there is a queue. On Saturday there was a bad accident on the A281 stopping a lot of people getting to the event and punters were coming through in dribs and drabs for sometime, people were given the choice, oddly somebody wanted to get in a Datsun rather than my 599 so there's no accounting for taste (it was an R33 GTR thingy mind )

It's my opinion but one shared by a number of drivers and commented by some punters that people are not happy paying £35 for a supercar ride and then being put in a Caterham, bog std 911, Fiat 500, Merc estate, M3/ M5 etc, always a contentious issue of course as to what is/ isn't a supercar

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post

It's my opinion but one shared by a number of drivers and commented by some punters that people are not happy paying £35 for a supercar ride and then being put in a Caterham, bog std 911, Fiat 500, Merc estate, M3/ M5 etc, always a contentious issue of course as to what is/ isn't a supercar
    Good point Mark, and IMO "Supercars" at £35 per ride should be limited to Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche GT cars etc Other's should be lesser priced. Difficult process to manage but the biggest issue that the organisers face is getting the drivers to the event IMO - hence the range of more regular "sports cars" participating?

There was less "exotica" participating this year? and is this a reflection on the amount of exposure the Event had within the car community?

Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    Good point Mark, and IMO "Supercars" at £35 per ride should be limited to Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche GT cars etc Other's should be lesser priced. Difficult process to manage but the biggest issue that the organisers face is getting the drivers to the event IMO - hence the range of more regular "sports cars" participating?

There was less "exotica" participating this year? and is this a reflection on the amount of exposure the Event had within the car community?
    Yes, very good point Mark. Last year there was a Land Rover Defender going round (a fast one mind you).

I suspect the lack of exposure here on CS is purely down to the banning of Bungle. It's a shame as CS still sponsor this event.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    Candellara

I would imagine that the current largest focus for the organisers is the revenue generated by paid Supercar rides? Maybe the focus should transfer to the focus being the "gate" revenue and the rides being the icing on the cake?

If so, there needs to be alot more things to do / see for a family rather than having to pay to get in and then subsequently pay for every other activity within?

Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    I would imagine that the current largest focus for the organisers is the revenue generated by paid Supercar rides? Maybe the focus should transfer to the focus being the "gate" revenue and the rides being the icing on the cake?

If so, there needs to be alot more things to do / see for a family rather than having to pay to get in and then subsequently pay for every other activity within?
    Something I wanted to organise but couldn't (as i couldn't make it), was for CS to have a small stand there with a selection of members cars for folk to have a good look around. Very much like Ken's stand at Bromley Pageant. It would have been another thing for public to enjoy and also a chance e to wave the CS flag to attract some new members.

I see next years dates are up already so perhaps its something we can think about next year ?

I'm sure there are some members here who'd like to join in but aren't too keen about using their cars on the track.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast