Thread: Ride In A Ferrari Charity Event 3 June

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Default Ride In A Ferrari Charity Event 3 June

Some of you may know or have seen Roy Twycross around at various Ferrari events and some of you may know of the Ride In A Ferrari charity event he has been organizing since 1999. This year's Ride In A Ferrari and Help Fight Spinal Muscular Atrophy takes place at the Wyevale Garden Centres branch at Owermoigne in Dorset on Saturday 3rd June between 10am and 4pm. Roy is always looking for Ferrari owners to help out giving rides. More details can be found on www.jtsma.org.uk/ferrari

I must say, that I managed to get along a couple of years ago, taking quite a number of passengers during the day, and it was one of the most enjoyable things I have done with my Ferrari.

If you're free that day, do get along. I guarantee you'll enjoy yourself and you'll feel pretty damn good at the end of the day having helped some good causes too!!!

Jonathan

Name
    colin

Jonathan,

That looks to be a good day out - so long as the car's behaving I'll try and make it along - anyone else going??

BTW, are there any insurance implications in doing this?

Colin

Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley
    Jonathan,

That looks to be a good day out - so long as the car's behaving I'll try and make it along - anyone else going??

BTW, are there any insurance implications in doing this?

Colin
    Never thought about insurance (having done this event before!), but I don't think it should be a problem. I haven't got my Ferrari insurance to hand but looked to see the wording on my BMW's policy and that would appear to be okay, so I guess it likely the Ferrari is too.

Incidentally, Roy is working to get an Enzo and F50 along for the day. I'm quite tempted to pay for a passenger ride in one of them myself! All Ferraris are welcome, though, as the event has got bigger each year and I gather they were struggling to get all the punters their Ferrari rides last year.

Jonathan

Name
    colin

Hi Jon,

Just to let you know, unfortunately, Im not going to be able to make this event tomorrow.

Hope it goes well,

Colin

Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley
    Hi Jon,

Just to let you know, unfortunately, Im not going to be able to make this event tomorrow.

Hope it goes well,

Colin
    Shame. I shan't be there that early myself as I have to pick my car up from KHPC in Maidstone first. Hope to have some pics to post Monday.

If anyone else is free Saturday and can get along, do make the effort. All for a good cause.

Jonathan

Name
    J Tremlett

Default Photos

So here are a few pictures from Saturday...

The F50 was kept very busy. Actor, writer, producer, director and Oscar winner, Julian Fellowes popped along.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Name
    J Tremlett

More...
    Attached Images Attached Images