Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Provisional England WC Squad !

stimo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Banned user
    Name
    a

Default Provisional England WC Squad !

Provisional squad:
    Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich); G Neville (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

Standby:
    Carson (Liverpool), Young (Charlton), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Crystal Palace).

Theo Walcott and Aaron Lennon have been named in England's World Cup squad

Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermain Defoe and Ledley King have been left out.

Darren Bent misses out, while Defoe is on a five-man standby list.

Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing and Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves are the other surprise inclusions.

Chelsea winger Wright-Phillips, an England squad regular this season, does not even make the standby list, which includes uncapped West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker and Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

Asked how he came to the decision to omit the likes of Defoe and Bent in favour of Walcott, Eriksson confessed: "Probably not too logically.

"Sometimes you do it on feelings as well and I am excited about Theo Walcott."

Name
    a

Quote Originally Posted by stimo
    Provisional squad:
    Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich); G Neville (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

Standby:
    Carson (Liverpool), Young (Charlton), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Crystal Palace).

Theo Walcott and Aaron Lennon have been named in England's World Cup squad

Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermain Defoe and Ledley King have been left out.

Darren Bent misses out, while Defoe is on a five-man standby list.

Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing and Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves are the other surprise inclusions.

Chelsea winger Wright-Phillips, an England squad regular this season, does not even make the standby list, which includes uncapped West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker and Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

Asked how he came to the decision to omit the likes of Defoe and Bent in favour of Walcott, Eriksson confessed: "Probably not too logically.

"Sometimes you do it on feelings as well and I am excited about Theo Walcott."
    Not sure why Jenas, Hargreaves are in there, not so sure about Sol Campbell at all.
    Chelsea have done everything they can to hinder SWP progress and non inclusion in the Squad. (please move Shaun, now)

Walcott over Defoe? Walcott never having played a Prem game?
    Liking the inclusion of Lennon, well done Sven

Name
    Andy Hills

its an absolute ******* desgrace that Darren Bent is not in the ******* squad, i hope that swedish **** chokes on his ******* champagne,i dont even think ill bother ******* watching
    there aint enough of these to make me feel better, the boy is ******* devestated, what more did he have to do hes the top English striker in the premiership, so now we have 2 crocks a bean pole and a kid,i ******* give up.

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Andy HLS
    its an absolute ******* desgrace that Darren Bent is not in the ******* squad, i hope that swedish **** chokes on his ******* champagne,i dont even think ill bother ******* watching
    there aint enough of these to make me feel better, the boy is ******* devestated, what more did he have to do hes the top English striker in the premiership, so now we have 2 crocks a bean pole and a kid,i ******* give up.
    Could you be a bit more effing expressive Andy - its hard to read your mood.

Name
    Andy Hills

Quote Originally Posted by KenC
    Could you be a bit more effing expressive Andy - its hard to read your mood.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **there you go is that clearer

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **there you go is that clearer
    So,let me see if i`ve got this right Andy,you don`t totally agree with Svens squad ?And would have preferred the highest scoring English centre forward to be in the squad rather than,an unfit Owen,an unfit Rooney,a useless beanpole and a kid who ain`t played a premiership game.....................

Edit.......can you be a bit clearer next time please..........................
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    a

We get rid of him after this one !!!!!

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Much better, thank you.

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stimo
    We get rid of him after this one !!!!!
    We needed rid of him before this.

Owen Hargreaves WTF

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

It would have been better if they'd waved him on his way BEFORE the World Cup and appointed somebody with passion, e.g. Stuart Pearce, as caretaker manager until a permanent appointment was made.

It seems like Sven is just deliberately taking the piss now. It makes no odds to him whether we win or lose and he's picked a team full of walking wounded, previous failures and untried youngsters, one of whom has never even had a runout for his club.

This is Sven exacting his revenge and the FA have made themselves, and us, a laughing stock again

Watch out for some bizarre decisions during the tournament too

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast