Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boats and Boating

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Name
    Mark

personally.....as a neutral observer.......

I cannot stand these sailing types ! they are as bad as Cyclists in my book......

Sailors seem to think that just because they are wind powered , all motorboats should move out of the way......rubbish , and as for cyclists jeez why do they have to cycle 2 abreast.....they don't even pay any road tax or have to have a licence.

and if some middle aged old man thinks its funny to dress up in those silly skin tight trousers....well pass me the bucket while I throw up...

mind you, if it happens to be a lovely nice slim blonde girl , with their arse up in the air ..i'm quite happy to sit behind them enjoying the view - just in case they need a hand

finally, what a lovely pair of boats......I've always fancied buying one and just sailing round the Med

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post

I cannot stand these sailing types ! they are as bad as Cyclists in my book......

Sailors seem to think that just because they are wind powered , all motorboats should move out of the way......rubbish , and as for cyclists jeez why do they have to cycle 2 abreast.....they don't even pay any road tax or have to have a licence.

and if some middle aged old man thinks its funny to dress up in those silly skin tight trousers....well pass me the bucket while I throw up...

mind you, if it happens to be a lovely nice slim blonde girl , with their arse up in the air ..i'm quite happy to sit behind them enjoying the view - just in case they need a hand

finally, what a lovely pair of boats......I've always fancied buying one and just sailing round the Med
    Don't get me started on cyclists - they are as bad as swimmers!! Honestly, i wish swimmers would use swimming pools rather than the sea as they are very difficult to see when you're jet sking or larking around in your Powerquest near the shore.

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    Don't get me started on cyclists - they are as bad as swimmers!! Honestly, i wish swimmers would use swimming pools rather than the sea as they are very difficult to see when you're jet sking or larking around in your Powerquest near the shore.
    Oh we can agree on that - although I think sailing over them is little less lethal than your Powerquest (whatever that is)

They do get caught on rudders and rigging though. I find a whack on the head with extended tiller is enough to send them back to shore !
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    Andy

I cannot stand these sailing types ! they are as bad as Cyclists in my book......Med

Oh that's below the belt !! - where's the report button ...

Best you go back to your hippy commune !
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    GQ

So much for the boating thread!

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Sailors seem to think that just because they are wind powered , all motorboats should move out of the way......
    Um, they should Unless they are restricted in their ability to manoeuvre a motor boat just traveling somewhere has to give way to all sailboats that are sailing - it's an international regulation but many motor boat owners don't know it.

On the flip side, if you're in a motor boat and you hang a fishing line out the back then AJ and his entire fleet should all give way to you regardless of racing or not - it's an international regulation but many sailboat owners don't know it. Nice simple way to get to where you want to go without having to weave in and out of sailboats

My old man is an RYA Yachtmaster Ocean, owned a Fisher Sailboat in the Uk (seriously heavy weather sail boat) and one of the below out in Florida so I got both sides of it really (though I'd go for a sailboat given the choice). Got the importance of knowing the rules drummed into me quite early on and having done a bit of single handed on sailboats it's worth having some idea of what you're doing.

Name:  DreamQuest001.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  203.5 KB

I've seen both of the above regs ignored and probably by people who had no idea they were in the wrong. Personally think people should all have some form of instruction and a bit of 'theory' before they take command of a vessel.

Anyway, back to actual boats, Chris while sailboats are more my thing that's a very nice vessel, what is she? Sorry to hear about the swim platform - with a bow and stern thruster that is unacceptable, the guy must have been completely incompetent. Hope it's not too big a job to fix so you can get her back on the water. (I do think AJ was just bantering btw )

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    Oh that's below the belt !! - where's the report button ...

Best you go back to your hippy commune !
    (I am no longer sure that AJ is bantering ......... )

Come on guys, it's a forum, banter is allowed and a thread about boats is hardly worth falling out over.......... especially when one of you doesn't own a boat and the other has a toy one

Just jealous AJ coz if I got on it, it'd sink
    Last edited by Nosevi; 22-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Name
    Carl

Well seeing as weare on the boat thread...Here's mine. A fine one too
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1400777747436.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  64.2 KB

Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    (I am no longer sure that AJ is bantering ......... )

Come on guys, it's a forum, banter is allowed and a thread about boats is hardly worth falling out over.......... especially when one of you doesn't own a boat and the other has a toy one

Just jealous AJ coz if I got on it, it'd sink
    No, that was banter !!!!!

You know it doesn't work if you have to explain it. ....

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo348 View Post
    Well seeing as weare on the boat thread...Here's mine. A fine one too
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1400777747436.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  64.2 KB
    Have the exact same model myself!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast