Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decision time - getting there! HELP!

nickhall72 Guest

Default Decision time - getting there! HELP!

All,

Thought I would start a new thread in case the old one was getting tired..

As I see it at the moment, I am faced with 2 car options.

1995 GTS, 9k miles, new belts, service, MOT etc (basically all that is needed) including any paint/leather etc. Standard car, seeing it Friday, full history @ 45k

or

the one in the previous thread

1997 GTS, 21k miles, just had belts, clutch, service etc.. Seen it and driven it already. full History etc @48k (maybe a tiny amount of negotiation yet?)

Both need the obligatory 1800 exhaust spend.

So which one is the best buy? I just don't know!.

Anyone got any views?

Thanks

Nick

nickhall72 Guest

DOH!.. meant to say.. 1995 from well know independant, 1997 from private but just been checked my QV and purchased from main dealer 6 months ago.

Ta

Name
    Paul

PM Sent

SteveP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nickhall72
    All,

Thought I would start a new thread in case the old one was getting tired..

As I see it at the moment, I am faced with 2 car options.

1995 GTS, 9k miles, new belts, service, MOT etc (basically all that is needed) including any paint/leather etc. Standard car, seeing it Friday, full history @ 45k

or

the one in the previous thread

1997 GTS, 21k miles, just had belts, clutch, service etc.. Seen it and driven it already. full History etc @48k (maybe a tiny amount of negotiation yet?)

So which one is the best buy? I just don't know!.

Anyone got any views?

Thanks

Nick
    the 97 car mate the 95 one seems to have a very low mileage and will probably require seals etc before long due to lack of use and if i remember correctly they aint covered on any sort of 3rd party warranty

Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by nickhall72

Nick
    WHY WHY WHY, standard exhaust sounds much better!

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5352

see above thread for list of 355 prices in '04 which is still helpful. If today's asking prices are to be believed , 355s have held up very well. This wasn't my experience when looking to sell at beginning of this year.
    You must go with your gut choice if history and PPI checks out. FWIW, the later car would be my choice but not @ 48k. I REALLY think you will be paying close to retail money and you won't get it back if you have to sell car quickly.But at end of day, if you're happy that price represents value and you like car, then go for it

Edit- also worth noting that 3 members sold very similar 355 Spiders recently for around 46 k privately.

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh
    http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5352

see above thread for list of 355 prices in '04 which is still helpful. If today's asking prices are to be believed , 355s have held up very well. This wasn't my experience when looking to sell at beginning of this year.
    Bear in mind we're now approaching Summer and prices are always firmer when the better weather is anticipated. Besides, you'll always get the 'no demand for those mate' story from a dealer when you're trying to part-ex your pride and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh
    You must go with your gut choice if history and PPI checks out. FWIW, the later car would be my choice but not @ 48k. I REALLY think you will be paying close to retail money and you won't get it back if you have to sell car quickly.But at end of day, if you're happy that price represents value and you like car, then go for it
    I'd go with the later car too, but use the other one as a bargaining tool to bring the price down a bit.

Jonathan

Name
    Adam

I agree with what Tony says, but TBH 45k for a 1995 car is too much. Bob Houghton had my old 97 355F1 up for 46995, they had 7k profit in the car so go figure?? You will get a nice 97 from a dealer for around 45K IMHO if you bargain hard enough, presuming you do not have a P/Ex

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

I would go with the later car but you need to knock the price down a bit. 48k is top whack for that car given the mileage. I think it is going to be worth knowing what the trade would offer on that car then you have a high / low point to help with your negotiations.

Ric.

Name
    Dave McGuire

97 car for Me simply because fo the higher mileage these cars are not meant to sit around being admired but are there to be driven, in My cas I have had My 355 GTS F1 for 27 Months and have put 13K on to it and I would not have it any other way and not had a single problem with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast