Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: 2016 Ford GT

  1. #11
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    10,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    and...golf - that's your fault too!).
    Not sure you can pin that one on me - my clubs fit on the parcel shelf in the 348

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Matt
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Just wondering if they went for a V6 turbo to genuinely make it a better car - lighter, smaller packaging etc. or if its to promote sales of other models. "Even our flagship GT has this V6" , or if its a regulatory/emissions thing.

    (Thats not a critisism of their choice, just a question)

  3. #13
    Kyodo's Avatar
    Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Windsor, UK
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    2,230

    Default

    I'm sure it'll be great but to me it looks a case of "take the best European super cars, try to fit their styling features into our car, write made in the USA on it and do some flag waving".
    I have nothing against the GT or America btw, just a casual (semi) tongue in cheek observation!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Name
    GQ
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Bet the interior will still rattle after a few hot summers!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Coast, Hants
    Name
    Carl
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    I really like the styling, but likely LHD only. Shame. It does look very big though. Try getting out of it at Aldi.

  6. #16
    markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    5,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Not sure you can pin that one on me - my clubs fit on the parcel shelf in the 348
    ....but what about my electric trolley ??

  7. #17
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    10,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    ....but what about my electric trolley ??
    Not sure tbh. My daily routine now starts with an 0500 alarm so I can do an hour to an hour and a half's phys before my day starts. Just about to do my evening phys session having hit balls all morning, short game lesson with my coach and played a few holes. Carrying a bag isn't really an issue. You could always try that approach

  8. #18
    Murph7355's Avatar
    Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Name
    Murph
    Posts
    14,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J70 View Post
    ....smaller packaging ....
    Ha ha ha haaaaaa.

    Haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa haa.

    Haa ha ha ha.

    PMSL.

    From the front shot with a bloke in it I reckon you could sit 4 people across the thing. They could have put 2x V6s into that And it looks as long as a London bus

  9. #19
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    10,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J70 View Post
    Just wondering if they went for a V6 turbo to genuinely make it a better car - lighter, smaller packaging etc. or if its to promote sales of other models. "Even our flagship GT has this V6" , or if its a regulatory/emissions thing.

    (Thats not a critisism of their choice, just a question)
    I think it's probably the middle option but I also think it's pointless. Even the Mustang now comes in a 3.7L V6 and even a 2.3L 'ecoboost' ......... but any redneck worth his salt buys the 5L V8 and always will. They'll keep trying to convince people that a V6 turbo is the future but until they make a large capacity V8 actually illegal they're going to fail to convince a fair few people out there.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    SE London / Kent
    Name
    Mal
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I think it's probably the middle option but I also think it's pointless. Even the Mustang now comes in a 3.7L V6 and even a 2.3L 'ecoboost' ......... but any redneck worth his salt buys the 5L V8 and always will. They'll keep trying to convince people that a V6 turbo is the future but until they make a large capacity V8 actually illegal they're going to fail to convince a fair few people out there.
    The reaction from other GT owners in the USA seems very positive and they are lining up to buy one. This is a car that has looks on par with La Ferrari and P1 etc but will be sold at a fraction of the cost. I can't see Ford having any problems selling all they produce.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ford gt
    By panterasteve in forum Other bikes, cars and toys
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-05-2011, 08:06 PM
  2. FORD RS 500
    By mnk303 in forum Other bikes, cars and toys
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 11:58 AM
  3. Can you help? - re Ford Streetka
    By Adz man in forum Other bikes, cars and toys
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-03-2009, 06:38 PM
  4. Ford Gt X1
    By tonyh in forum Other bikes, cars and toys
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •