Default Malaysia GP

So.... The Scuderia are back

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427619999.197945.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  61.6 KB
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    attilio

Great race,good to see enzo back on top 👍👍

Chriss is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Chris S

A Ferrari win was very much in the interest of the sport, trouble is, the wrong Ferrari driver won ( IMHO ).

Ironically a re-invigorated Ferrari could actually make it easier for Hamilton to defend his title if Rosberg continues to finish third or even fourth.

We need to remember that it was strategy wot won it for Vettel this morning, not outright car performance.
    I'm sure that even without superior car performance, Hamilton is faster than Vettel or Kimi so I suspect he will win the most races this year and, thanks to the Ferrari duo, Rosberg will win fewer.

However it turns out it will be even more interesting than last year !

PS I may now be a Ferrari owner but I am a Brit so I'm a Williams, Hamilton and McLaren supporter, in that order.
    Last edited by Chriss; 29-03-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    A proper car has a V12 engine in the front

Name
    Philip

Yes Chriss, agreed.

Whilst watching I was a bit torn, partly hoping that Hamilton would come back for the win, but pleased to see a Ferrari back in the hunt. Mercedes seemed to get their strategy wrong and it's possible that the extreme temperatures may have played into Ferraris hands, but their tyre ware rates and engine power do look impressive and it should add interest for the season. On the downside, the podium national anthem combination was too reminiscent of the Schumacher days...

Also I can't help but feel sorry for Alonso. He is a very talented driver and seems to have jumped ship at just the wrong time. He was putting a very brave face on it, as was Button. Hopefully Honda will get their act together now they have cleared the in season engine development and McLaren will also get back up the field to make things even more interesting.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    a re-invigorated Ferrari could actually make it easier for Hamilton to defend his title if Rosberg continues to finish third or even fourth.
    Agreed on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NWRed360 View Post
    On the downside, the podium national anthem combination was too reminiscent of the Schumacher days...
    And that's a problem?

I almost felt a tear on the formation lap thinking about MS getting his slower Ferrari between the then all-conquering Maclarens.

I had a feeling Vettel and Ferrari could be a good combination and as much as I like Kimi, I think Vettel will out perform him all season. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

A good result for F1 fans regardless of who you support.
    Last edited by Kyodo; 29-03-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Chriss is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Chris S

I have no sympathy for Alonso. He jumped ship from Ferrari already knowing that James Allison was designing the 2015 car and he was well aware of what a success Allison's 2013 Lotus had been for Kimi.

Alonso's behaviour at McLaren the first time round was inexcusable and we saw signs of a repeat performance earlier last week when he broke ranks and blamed the steering of the car for his accident despite evidence to the contrary.

I always thought that McLaren and Honda were making a big mistake when they decided not to produce an interim car when they were free to carry out unlimited testing of the Honda engine package during 2014.
    This has proved to be the case and it looks like it is going to take some time to work out all the reliability problems.

I have much more sympathy for Jenson. He will go through all the pain this year and his only reward will be to be replaced when things ( hopefully ) come right in 2016.
    A proper car has a V12 engine in the front

Name
    Mallard

Great to see a non merc challenge and a great team effort by Ferrari. Really down to LH not being able to use the optimum tyres for his last stint (used in Qualifying) and Ferrari easier on theirs at these track temperatures.
    Now that it has happened I think attitudes will change at Mercedes and it will be more difficult for Ferrari but it certainly made it a much more enjoyable spectacle.

Name
    cgt

Fantastic result but certainly somewhat due to Merc fumbling things and the Ferrari working exceptionally well in the heat with less tyre degradation. Let's hope China is similar in what will be much cooler conditions. A similar result there will really be reason for excitement.

Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Agreed on that.

And that's a problem?

I almost felt a tear on the formation lap thinking about MS getting his slower Ferrari between the then all-conquering Maclarens.

I had a feeling Vettel and Ferrari could be a good combination and as much as I like Kimi, I think Vettel will out perform him all season. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

A good result for F1 fans regardless of who you support.
    Nothing really wrong with it, just got a bit monotonous after a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast