Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargain Ferrari watch auction ends 7:30 tonight

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Default Bargain Ferrari watch auction ends 7:30 tonight

Check these out - 100% genuine, the MD of the auctioneer is a customer, I just spoke with him - the bid price is increased by 49% with various premiums, vat etc but still an absolute bargain

http://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/auctio...e-id-ibtl10823

These auctions run weekly btw

Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    Check these out - 100% genuine, the MD of the auctioneer is a customer, I just spoke with him - the bid price is increased by 49% with various premiums, vat etc but still an absolute bargain

http://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/auctio...e-id-ibtl10823

These auctions run weekly btw
    When is the next auction? Watches not really my thing but would make a great gift.

Name
    Mark Wibberley

I think they run weekly from hurried chat so check again say Monday?

Would quite impress someone.

Name
    Graham

Chriss is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Chris S

I bought one of the watches on the auction but the add-on costs are astronomical. I "won" a 289 (full retail) watch for 79 but it will cost 145 by the time it reaches me !
    Buyers premium is 22.5% and the "packing charge" is 12.5% both plus VAT. Their "Delivery charge" is 12.00. I know I could get it delivered for 5.50 but then they would charge an additional 10+VAT per day "storage charge" !!!

Also their correspondence afterwards is downright rude and aggressive, full of sentences with capital letters and demands. The term " NO EXCEPTIONS" appears three times in the email.
    I will obviously buy the watch but I certainly won't be dealing with a firm like that again.

As a customer you have an expectation of being treated like, well, a customer !
    A proper car has a V12 engine in the front

Name
    Graham

Worth knowing. I'm buying anyone a gift for 145

Name
    Mark Wibberley

I'll have a word as that's not 49%...

Name
    Chris S

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    I'll have a word as that's not 49%...
    Send me your email address and I will forward the invoice as proof.

You ought to also have a word about their rude and aggressive emails.

Chris

Name
    Mark Wibberley

On behalf of Chriss I wrote to the MD of the auction company who fulsomely responded this morning. His offer to rebalance the costs of buying a light item is very fair, see below. Full details have been sent by PM Chris.

Chris paid 79 (hammer value) for the watch which he purchased.
    Total charges in terms of buyers premium total 50.6 % (Ibidder have raised their costs slightly).
    This totals 118.98.

The packing charges which Christopher refers to are a generic charge. It is easier to put these on initially than take them off. These charges refer to all goods and as we sell lots of bulky furniture and white goods etc. We have to pack accordingly and charge storage as they eat up space.

Of course we would not charge this on a watch or any other small item and so it is perfectly acceptable for a customer who has purchased something of this nature to call us and have this charge taken off.
    If you would advise customer to contact us, then we can refund the packaging charge no problem.

As for the delivery charge, again this is a standard delivery charge for bulky items and anyone who buys from us are perfectly within their rights to organise their own delivery. IE ask a courier to collect on their behalf.
    We just provide the above service as it's more convenient for most of our customers.

The email Christopher is referring to is our standard terms and conditions, I'm sorry if he found them abrupt, but we have a duty of care to point out all the important things to our customers and in our experience this is the easiest and most effective way of doing this.

To conclude:

Christopher could have paid:-
    +50.6 %
    =118.95

We would have waived the packaging costs to him (or anyone else - if they contact us)
    and he could have arranged and paid for his own courier charges.

The watch retails at 289

(TLH) will personally refund his packaging charges.

The rules can look quite complex Mark, but I assure you we are not here to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

The terms and conditions are simple to work out, if read correctly and time is taken to understand them.

I do hope this experience hasn't put you or your members off buying from us as you really can get a bargain and we value all custom.

Director.

Name
    Chris S

The MD has been very helpful and has agreed to refund some of the charges which is a very reasonable offer.

I will simply point out that my winning bid for the watch was 79.00

By the time the plethora of additional charges were added the actual price paid was 142.84 including delivery.
    That's more than 180% of the hammer price.

I will let members draw their own conclusions as to whether they think that this is excessive.

In my case I am getting a reduction in the charges but the figures above are representative of what one would normally expect to pay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast