Thread: My name is Dave, and I'm an addict....

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Default My name is Dave, and I'm an addict....

In autumn 2012, I realised I had a problem. I was using a 996 turbo in the week, and then supplementing that with a 348 at the weekend. I realised that I needed to take control and kicked the 348 habit. Was still using the 996 turbo, but I felt I was in control.

Unfortunately, cold turkey rarely works and by Feb 2013 I was using a Cayenne during the week and the 996 turbo at the weekend. I was concerned, but recognised the fact that this was moderate compared to using 996 turbo and 348, so I convinced myself I was still in control.

Until November, when I slipped again. Now, I was mixing the 996 turbo and the Cayenne during the week, and for kicks I was topping it up with shots of a 360 at the weekend.

In spring 2014 I was made redundant and that caused a reality check. I focused and decided I should kick the 996 turbo and 360 habit. The Cayenne is fairly low dose and would keep me going. But my girlfriend convinced me that I was panicking and shouldn't say goodbye to the good times. The mix continued.

I've been good for over a year, honestly I have. Over the winter, I reduced my 360 fix and things were looking good. The future looked bright.

But I've slipped again.

Tomorrow, I will start using an immaculate black 56 plate Aston Martin Vantage. Pics to follow.

I need help. Anybody know the number for Car Buyers Anonymous?

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Sounds like your absolutely 100 percent a normal bloke
    You have petrol in your veins and oil to lubricate your bone joints, totally normal
    But try not to smoke at the same time your taking a leak

Name
    Carl

Absolutely fine Dave. If youve kept all the others,thats a great mix. Enjoy your daily fix

Name
    Russell

You're in the right place Dave, we all understand. Good luck with the Aston.

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffekins View Post
    You're in the right place Dave, we all understand. Good luck with the Aston.
    You'll probably need it

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    You'll probably need it
    Yes, that is a concern! I'm told they don't break - they have 'foibles'.

Name
    Dave

Collected yesterday morning in the rain, so it needed a clean when I got home :

Name:  Vantag.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  65.4 KB

First impressions are that it's a lovely car to be in and nice to drive. Steering is nicely weighted and I think the brakes have the nicest feel of all my cars.
    Clutch isn't great - fairly heavy with quite a high bite point so takes some getting used to.
    Interior quality is superb, but space to put things is pathetic. Glove compartment will just get the owners manual in - if you put it in at the right angle. Door pockets are less than half the size of the 360 ones. And that's about it!
    The noise is great (fuse 22 pulled so valves are open) although at high revs the 360 howl is better.

Speed is... Not that speedy to be honest. I had been told before that the performance doesn't match the sound and it's probably a fair comment. Acceleration feels closer to the Cayenne S than the 360 or 996 turbo. But that suits me because I really wasn't after another sports car. I wanted - and this is - a classy daily for summer use.

I knew they drink petrol and they sure do. Not really sure how they drink that much without being faster to be honest!

Overall though I'm very happy with it. Need to get a bit more used to it but of looking forward to using it regularly.
    Last edited by dave964; 10-05-2015 at 03:22 PM.