Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ashes 2015

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Super Moderator
    Name
    Mark

I watched the highlights , well done - amazing to see the Aussies bowled out for 60 !

just wants Root to get 200 and it really will be a special test !

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    I watched the highlights , well done - amazing to see the Aussies bowled out for 60 !

just wants Root to get 200 and it really will be a special test !
    Not quite panning out that way - always a beggar when the session closes and you're on for a good knock.

Still, England have a wicket now. And the Aussies are pushing their luck a bit. Still a possibility to close this out today without needing another innings. But I think it more likely it will go to the third day and England will be chasing 100-150 tops.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Not quite panning out that way - always a beggar when the session closes and you're on for a good knock.

Still, England have a wicket now. And the Aussies are pushing their luck a bit. Still a possibility to close this out today without needing another innings. But I think it more likely it will go to the third day and England will be chasing 100-150 tops.
    2nd one down - will they now collapse?

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

I'm certain we are going to win. But being sentimental, I hope Clarke has a decent innings to restore some of his personal pride.

Bloody hell - Smith goes as I type this

Name
    Francis Newman

Can you imagine what it would have been like if Jimmy Anderson had been fit

Name
    Francis Newman

Michael Clarke gone for 13. Feel sorry for him. He's a good cricketer and a decent sounding bloke. Good to beat the Aussies but humiliation of individuals is sometimes a bit cruel.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Only just seen this thread, generally discuss the Ashes with our Southern Hemisphere cousins over in their section on Fchat. In fact had to pay up for losing the last series to one of them with a pass into Scampton. Think I'm safe this time round. Lot of soul searching going on over there. Fortunately I'm hardly taking the piss at all

Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Only just seen this thread, generally discuss the Ashes with our Southern Hemisphere cousins over in their section on Fchat. In fact had to pay up for losing the last series to one of them with a pass into Scampton. Think I'm safe this time round. Lot of soul searching going on over there. Fortunately I'm hardly taking the piss at all
    All over by lunch tomorrow I suspect. What to do with the rest of the weekend?

My wife has a load of jobs lined up

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    All over by lunch tomorrow I suspect. What to do with the rest of the weekend?

My wife has a load of jobs lined up
    I had planned to watch it this afternoon down the pub ....... Now I'll just have to drink large amounts of beer
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    ...But I think it more likely it will go to the third day and England will be chasing 100-150 tops.
    Well as predictions go that was about as wide of the mark as the Aussie bowling and batting performances

Good win for England. We now need to see what they can do against South Africa. But terrific to win the Ashes, and in good style.

Hopefully the Aussies will play for pride at The Oval, England will rise to the challenge and we'll see a good test (and I won't have to ask for a refund for Day 4!).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123