Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2015

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    As a Scot the whole cricket thing will inevitably pass you by
    To be fair the Scots are used to losing at football and rugby

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Well that was a turn up for the books!

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Is it true that those folk who bought weekend tickets do not get any kind of refund ? I assume (not a cricket expert) that it was a 5 day test and it was all over very quickly.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

I would be very surprised if they don't get a full refund, minus a small £5 admin fee per ticket.

When it rained the whole day at edgbaston a few years back all our 12 seats got full refunds minus £5 each ticket.
    Plus when they play for only a few overs you get some of yours monies back, so I would hope they will get a full refund.

What a turn around though for England, third test first day was amazing to watch I couldn't believe we got so many wickets so cheaply, Anderson and Finn showed the aussie's how it's done, edgbaston'so crease gave the ball plenty of swing and pace, they didn't stand a chance

Can we take the ashes back????
    Surely

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by milkshaker0007 View Post
    I would be very surprised if they don't get a full refund, minus a small £5 admin fee per ticket.

When it rained the whole day at edgbaston a few years back all our 12 seats got full refunds minus £5 each ticket.
    Plus when they play for only a few overs you get some of yours monies back, so I would hope they will get a full refund.

What a turn around though for England, third test first day was amazing to watch I couldn't believe we got so many wickets so cheaply, Anderson and Finn showed the aussie's how it's done, edgbaston'so crease gave the ball plenty of swing and pace, they didn't stand a chance

Can we take the ashes back????
    Surely
    What's the odds on the Aussies wining the next test I wouldn't bet against my own team but if this was horse racing there would a stewards enquiry by now, how can these teams perform so differently from one match to the next.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Yes they will get a refund. I read that Worcestershire CCC were praying that it didn't finish in 2 days, as at one point it looked it might, as they weren't insured for a 2 days but were insured for a 3 day test which is normal practice. 3 days tests are relatively common while a 2 day test us statistically highly improbable, though it has happened. England last won a 2 day test in 2000 against the Windies, which was the first time for 44 years. The last 2 day test was in 2005 when New Zealand thrashed Zimbabwe in Harare. Australia haven't lost a test in 2 days for 125 years.

Losing Jimmy Anderson for the next test is a bit of blow though.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

You get a full refund if they play less than 10 overs on the day of your ticket. 50% refund if less than 25 overs are played. (Day 5 can be different but typically you'll get a refund if the match finished early).

If I were betting money I'd bet the Aussies will take the next test, leaving a show down at The Oval.

I think the swings in performance are demonstrative of the margins in the game. A slight shift in the bowling performance of one side and the batting performance of the other and you have a massive difference in the result.

Anderson bowled brilliantly (and I'd have rested him after Lords!). As Francis notes, he'll potentially be a big loss. Finn did really well too. And the Aussie openers were hopeless (more than a "slight" shift really).

Our own batsmen were still a bit hit and miss. Bell did much better but still not good enough IMO. Lyth has had an awful series so far. If we're to take the series, those guys have to do significantly better. Makes it all quite exciting though.

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

What an absolute amazing first day at Trent bridge, it's all over for the Australians
    Stuart broad the master bowler today
    Amazing catching by the slips
    All out!!!!!!!!!!

Name
    Craig Marsh

Crickets not really my thing but would of lloved to of been there today, cracking effort by broad, looks like we got ashes back then

Name
    Mallard

thought some of the headlines in the Aussie Press were good especially the one "Pomicide!"
    Amazing morning of cricket

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast