Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vettel title challenge?

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Mercs have plenty in hand I think. And Bernie told them to let someone else win to stop all the whinging.

Vettel is very unlikely to win the title IMO.

Rosberg is broken and was never really good enough IMO. Like Massa was in 2008.
    One Merc has plenty in hand, the other is struggling. I think there's a fair chance Rosberg will come third in the championship.

Agreed Vettel is unlikely to but we thought the same with Kimi in 2007, and a lot will depend on how good Ferrari's new engine to be introduced in Spa is. It could of course be a total flop in time honoured Ferrari fashion!

But SV has vast experience of how to win championships, in fact as a driver I would compare him very much to Prost. Very clever guy who has a decent lick of speed too and he clearly already at this early stage has the entire team built around him.

Name
    cgt

I'm clutching at straws in the hope of an exciting end to the championship when I think it's an inevitable conclusion that Hamilton will walk it

Name
    Nick Rayat

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    One Merc has plenty in hand, the other is struggling. I think there's a fair chance Rosberg will come third in the championship.

Agreed Vettel is unlikely to but we thought the same with Kimi in 2007, and a lot will depend on how good Ferrari's new engine to be introduced in Spa is. It could of course be a total flop in time honoured Ferrari fashion!

But SV has vast experience of how to win championships, in fact as a driver I would compare him very much to Prost. Very clever guy who has a decent lick of speed too and he clearly already at this early stage has the entire team built around him.
    A bit harsh about the engine,thier v12 was the best and the FIA changed engine regs to v10,which in turn turned out to be one of the best and just as that happens the FIA change regs to v8's.
    With in 12 months they have made big big gains with the engine more so than mercedes so only a matter of months if not weeks before it comes good.Does also help with development when you have 3 other front running teams running the same unit.

Name
    cgt

I really really hope you are right!

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I've not bothered watching the last four races. Granted I missed the last one (was it Hungary) as we were on holiday. Caught five minutes of it in a Cafe/Bar. It was a surprise to see two different leading drivers (at the time).

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

I'm not convinced. Barring a car failure, 21pts is still a pretty big gap, and I think both Mercs had a bit of an aberration in Hungary. Let's see what happens in the next two races. And I would wager if Hamilton can get a bigger lead we'll see some team supporting tactics played out.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Mercs have plenty in hand I think. And Bernie told them to let someone else win to stop all the whinging.

Vettel is very unlikely to win the title IMO.

Rosberg is broken and was never really good enough IMO. Like Massa was in 2008.
    I agree with most of that but Massa would've been a worthy champion in that year - the most wins in spite of some reliability issues. I think both drivers deserved it but was gutted to watch that last minute or so in Brazil!

Oh, and Hamilton for 2015. I can't see anyone beating him this year but it'd be nice if Vettel could sneak second place
    Last edited by Kyodo; 04-08-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Hamilton will win...

Name
    cgt

If Ferrari had not left the fuel hose attached in Singapore leading to Crashgate it is very likely Massa would have been a worthy champion in 2008, he certainly drove to a very high standard that year.

I don't think I've ever seen Rosberg drive to that level, for one thing he still can't race wheel to wheel despite his car advantage.

Name
    cgt

Can't see it but he is creeping up like Raikonnen did in 2007. I think 2nd is definitely on the cards as Rosberg already appears to have given up. Suzuka will be fascinating if Ferrari is still on the pace.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Can't see it but he is creeping up like Raikonnen did in 2007. I think 2nd is definitely on the cards as Rosberg already appears to have given up. Suzuka will be fascinating if Ferrari is still on the pace.
    You might well be right.

Seems odd when Mercedes have such a car advantage. Doesn't really shine a good light on Rosberg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12