Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The new shmeemobile ferrari ff

Name
    steve

Picking up a new f12tdf in a 488gtb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmkpAl61Jg

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Sounds amazing

Name
    cgt

He really does have some great content and wonderful access to special machinery.

But I do wonder if he ever watches his own videos, a few tweaks to his presentation, less orgasms, would give him the credibility to match his content.

This was an enjoyable video, but I knew he would mention lunch - it seems to be an obsession of his, no matter how wonderful the machinery to talk about lunch, and sure enough..! Dude you have a f***ing F12 TDF in front of you, forget lunch..

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I find myself reaching for pliers - I want to pull that tongue out once and for all

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I find myself reaching for pliers - I want to pull that tongue out once and for all

Agreed, but it was nice to see the new TDF in detail, as for most of us that will be the closet we'll get
    Unless someone on here has ordered one.

Name
    cgt

I don't think he cares about older people's opinions anyway, it appears he is idolised by young boys whose balls have yet to drop..

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    gets on my T-TS

Name
    CPD

You can literally see he passing of a generational torch on this thread.

He is a mega-star on-line within the car spotters community and is living the dream life his compatriot 'supercars of London'.

Between them they reach millions of enthusiasts and their hand-held DIY approach is what makes them so relatable to their audience.

I say good luck at least they are turning on a new generation of supercar lovers who will buy our cars when we are retiring for daft money hopefully.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    You can literally see he passing of a generational torch on this thread.

He is a mega-star on-line within the car spotters community and is living the dream life his compatriot 'supercars of London'.

Between them they reach millions of enthusiasts and their hand-held DIY approach is what makes them so relatable to their audience.

I say good luck at least they are turning on a new generation of supercar lovers who will buy our cars when we are retiring for daft money hopefully.
    ....... and doing it all with no charisma, knowledge or noticeable talent. Genius as far as I'm concerned

Name
    cgt

This is exactly the point. I've been very lucky to meet and know some really talented people who excel in their field through the course of my work, some very well known and some not. But I have found them all to be extremely down to earth and none seem to crave the spotlight, quite the opposite. The contrast with this generation who crave it without having any real charisma or personality is very clear.

I had some dealings with a slowhand guitar player a few years back and was very impressed with his complete lack of airs or graces. He almost seemed embarrassed by the high regard people hold him in. He just loves music and has had an amazing life as a result, but one gets the impression he would still be very happy without all the adulation.

Perhaps Tim is very down to earth too, but he has a very strange persona onscreen, this detracts from otherwise very interesting videos.

There was a recent scene at McLaren where he was mobbed by teenage boys and he was absolutely beside himself with joy signing autographs and exulting in their adulation. It was like watching the worst Borat video, but it was real.

The cringeworthiness of some of Shmee's stuff is really OTT by any measure. I saw his McLaren P1 video with a ten year old passenger and was reminded of Michael Jackson and the young lad in Martin Bashir's documentary. The kid in the P1 actually looked more terrified than the one on MJ's sofa actually!!

Sorry, but I just don't "get" this kind of stuff...

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast